Cards For Sale

Friday, June 25, 2010

Americana Bluebirds




Good afternoon Peeps!

I almost never post twice in one day, but I was super excited about this card and couldn't Wait to share it with you. Yesterday afternoon while at a local big box store I was browsing the magazines, while waiting on my sis to get her hair cut, and I was looking at a quick and easy painting magazine. I use to paint alot, it was my craft of choice until paper crafting caught my attention. Anyway, in the magazine was a really cute tray or stool or something that had a design similar to this one painted on. I loved it immediately, it is Americana after all, and I thought I could probably do that on a card.

So this morning I decided to give it a try and after much trial and error, I came up with this, a bit different from the painted one but close.

I used brocade blue for the base of the card. I made the flag backgrounds with real red and whisper white, I sponged the edges with creamy caramel and bravo burgundy. The heart was hand cut and embossed with the Swiss Dot EF. The "USA" is cut out of white with the naturally serif die.

I made the cute little bluebirds with punches, 1-3/8 circle for the bodies, I used the photo corner for the tail feathers and beak, the eyes are 1/4 inch circle and the wings are from the two step bird punch. I made the little legs with just narrow strips of black. I added a large star that was embossed and dotted with my white gel pen. Cute huh?

Leave a comment on the post and let me know what you think.

Thanks again for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

18 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it! How creative, I do love your blog. I don't often comment but please know that I enjoy everything you post.

Sara said...

That is too cute!!!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Vicki!!! LOVE the birds and how you put the stars and stripes on the card. You go girl :D

Lois said...

I LOVE IT!! Those birds are the cutest!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Girl you are BRILLIANT! Love how you created those birds!!! Totally cute!!
I'd be excited to show it off too!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, that is SWEEEEET!

Imogen Sartain said...

I'm not an american, but this is by far my favourite card you've done yet^^

Lisa Summerhays said...

Fantastic!! Absolutely fabulous.

Linda Callahan said...

These birds are fabulous!

Olivia said...

This is one of the most creative and adorable punch art ideas I have ever seen! Really fun.

Olivia

Rhonda Langley said...

Extremely cute! Love the birds!

Stacey Schafer said...

how stinkin' cute is this! you're right, we must share a brain...LOL!

Mary Marsh said...

this is sooo cute vicki-I love it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Vicki I just saw this fabbo card over at Nancy's i-picks and boy is it a cute card!!! Love the big heart and the birdies!!! Hugs ~S~

Diane Gilbert said...

Vicki this is ADORABLE! What a creative gal you are!!!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is over the top cute! I have everyone of these punches - so that means there is no excuse why I can't make this card. Just signed up to follow you and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work! Wow!! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

kathleenh said...

Vicki, your patriotic bird card is beyond cute! Just love it!!!

Laurie said...

I love this card! So creative but kind of simple the design shines. I may lift this for OWH, for the military. TFS