Cards For Sale

Monday, June 21, 2010

Curtain Call.....On Your Birthday




Good Monday Morning Peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend and an even greater Father's Day! Ours was fairly quite, we grilled and played the wii! It is tooooo HOT out for me!!! BLAH!!!!

I did have some time to play a bit yesterday and got a couple of cards done. This one is one I made with the color challenge at Stacey's Stamping Stage-Act 35.

When I saw the color challenge, garden green, green galore, whisper white, tempting turquoise, and cameo coral. All great colors, but..........together? I always struggle when trying to combine more than two colors and colors I don't generally work with. I knew I had to keep it clean and simple.

I toyed with a few ideas for my center panel and finally landed on the one you see now. I used the SU sizzix embosslits beautiful wings, to make the butterflies. I made one each in the challenge colors with the exception of the white. I mounted them onto the white panel with some mono liquid glue, just down the center, so I could pull up the wings. I added some silver sticky pearls to the center of each. I matted the white panel with a piece of cameo coral.

The base of the card is white and the next layer is another piece of white that I stamped the sentiment, from the "On your Birthday" set with black stazon. I then embossed that piece with my swiss dot EF. I added a smaller little butterfly by the sentiment.

The main image panel is mounted on the embossed panel with foam tape and then the embossed piece is also mounted to the base with some foam tape.




So there you have it clean and simple and super easy! Thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderful CAS card using this week's Curtain Call colours :D Love the butterflies and of course, where there are Swiss Dots I am happy LOL! Great card and thanks for playing the Curtain Call this week.

jean said...

Awesome card love the colors and
the jewels in the center of the
butterfly
tfs

Stacey Schafer said...

amazing CAS use of color, Vicki! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call:)

Nance Leedy said...

FABulous card! I love how you incorporated the challenge colors with those sweet little butterflies and all that white space is a breath of fresh air!

Connie Collins said...

Love the beautiful colors and the clean/fresh layout...so pretty!

Sue said...

Oh my Vicki, this card is stunning and soooooo elegant! What a fabulous use of this weeks colours! Thanks for joining us again this week at Curtain Call! :)

Lea L. said...

Lovely card! Love the colorful butterflies, and the white on white background! The embossing adds the perfect touch! Awesome job with the Curtain Call color challenge!

♥♥♥Lea

Cindy said...

I think I can do this! Great card.

Lois said...

Awesome card....love those butterflies! And the colors are just great!

Christina said...

Wonderfully clean and simple, Vicki! I love the embossed background and colorful butterflies! Great use of the Curtain Call colors!