Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 20, 2010

SSSC74......Let's Celebrate!




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!!! My favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week, based on my card, see it HERE!





So onto today's card, I have to admit that I was slow to get on board with this fun set from the summer mini, "Tropical Party". Also the DS paper "Island Oasis", can't say why I waited soooo long to get them, but both are awesome!!! Sorry about my picture quality, I am having lighting issues!!! LOL!!

I started the card with a base of rose red, and then followed that with some old olive that was embosses with the Square Lattice EF.

I used two colors of designs from the paper pack, and matted each with more rose red card stock. I then went to work on my main image panel. I stamped the coconut drink onto whisper white with chocolate chip ink and I also stamped the tree with chocolate chip ink. I then stamped the tree again onto scrap white with old olive, and cut out just the top and mounted it over the other with some foam tape. I then stamped the coconut drink onto some little bits of the DS paper and cut out the umbrella and straw and glued them directly over the stamped image on the base.

I stamped the leaves twice and cut out and stamped the large flower with rose red and cut it out. I added a turquoise brad to the flower center and mounted it to the base with more foam tape. I then took the leaves and slid them in under the flower to cover the base of the tree and coconut drink bottom.

The sentiment comes from the "On your birthday" stamp set and was stamped with black stazon. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to get it straight. I then matted this piece with more rose red and mounted it to the base with foam tape.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fun fun fun, Vicki! Love those bright happy colours and that stamp set is awesome for sure!

Pam Speidel said...

How do you do it Vicki?!! I just love your style! And now I'm craving a pina colada... ;)

Marisa said...

Fun card, Vicki :D I'm all ready to go to Hawaii now!

Stacey Schafer said...

omgosh, Vicki! this is a fabulous card using that fun Tropical Party set:) LOVE IT!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Ooooooooooh now my excitement is really building as I've just ordered this set and paper. Love the bamboo mat effect you've done with the texturizing plate. Great job as always and so inspiring. Now where's my cool drink! TFS!!!

Karen Motz said...

You and I are on the same wavelength with the palm tree theme!!! I love the fun colours and that coconut drink...YUM!!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

How fun! Great happy colors; very tropical!

Allison said...

So bright and fun! I wasn't a huge fan of this set at first either but now I'm thinking of ordering it!

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun summery card!!! Love it!

Connie Collins said...

Vicki,
This is so cute. I must admit, I haven't purchased the first thing from the summer mini, but oh, I am tempted after seeing all the fun things that are being cranked out.

Selene Kempton said...

Over the top gorgeous! I really love your take on this sketch. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Vicki this is so so fun...love your take on the Sketch!!! This new Set looks awesome and you totally rocked it!!! Hugs ~S~

Lois said...

What an awesome and fun card. Love it! Love the colors too.

Jen Tapler said...

EEEK! LOVE this Vicki! I'm DYING to get that stamp set! I can't seem to have enough tropical stamps and that one is AWESOME. And of course you've used it perfectly here!! Glad I finally made it around to see what you did with the sketch - I would have hated to miss this!! :-)

Lynn Put said...

WOW Vicki you nailed this sketch! I love the arrangement that you created using this stamp set the layers and colors are all so fun!