Cards For Sale

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mojo.......hey there!




Good Thursday Morning Peeps!!!

My card share today is made with the Mojo Monday Sketch. And speaking of the mojo sketch challenge, check out the winners and finalist from last week here. My card was a finalist!!! How cool is that?

I found this weeks sketch a bit intimidating.......those three little rectangles on the top corner presented a bit of a quandary. So I just did all the rest of the card and then tried to figure out those pieces. I ended up using my word window punch along with some of the Cottage Wall DS paper and some brads. I kinda like the effect.

The stamp set I used for the main image panel is the "Elements of Style" set from the current mini. I stamped it with old olive ink onto whisper white card stock. I used my circle and scallop circle nesties to cut and mat with. I added a couple of butterflies from the Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings die.

I added some more silver brads to the butterfly center and mounted it with some foam tape. I added another small butterfly over the rectangle corner pieces and the ribbon is rich razzleberry turned to the solid side. The little sentiment comes from the retired "Really Retro" set.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful! Great idea to use the word window punch for those three panels - they are the reason I have been ignoring this sketch too!

Cindy said...

Oh my - this is gorgeous! I love the punched pieces and how you tied it all together - just lovely!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

so, so lovely!!!!!
very cool layout and design!!!!
tfs:)

Marisa said...

Congrats on being a finalist, Vicki! You go girl :D I saw this sketch and ran LOL!. You've done a lovely job with it. Love the vine with the butterfly in the focal circle.

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, Loving the colour combo and the butterfly!

Dawn Easton said...

Congrats on being a winner last week girl!!

This card is beautiful! Love those butterflies!

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely! And I love the 3 little tabs with brads!

Lois said...

Love this...great use of the word window punch. Love the colors too.