Cards For Sale

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mojo144....{thank you}




Happy Hump Day Peeps!! Sorry about missing a few days in a row here on the ol' blog, it has been so HOT here and with running errands and cleaning I have been tooo Hot and tired to stamp, I plan on staying in today and staying cool and stamping!!!!

Today's card share is one I made for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I used some new paper from the upcoming catalog, Greenhouse Garden. I paired it up with a returning favorite, Fifth Ave. Floral. I stamped the rose twice onto some paper from the now retired SAB Welcome Neighbor 6x6 paper pack. I cut it out and and layered it up. I then when back in with my aqua painter and some crushed curry ink to add a bit of shading.

The base of the card is chocolate chip and I followed that with some real red and then the DS paper. The next layer is a bit of one of the new colors, daffodil delight, love this color, and more of the DS paper. The central piece is made up of real red and chocolate chip, (I used a swirl embossing folder on the chocolate square) and real red and whisper white. The Rose is mounted with some dimensionals. The sentiment comes from the All Holidays stamp set and is stamped with black stazon onto the daffodil and cut out with the curly label punch I then punched another curly label in red and matted it a bit. I added three red brads and some 1/4 inch real red grosgrain.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Lola G. said...

It's a treat to see a familiar stamp paired with new paper and a fresh look. I've hesitated to get the Fifth Avenue Floral set, as my cutting skills aren't that fabulous, but I do love the way it looks. Thanks for the inspiration -- and stay as cool and comfortable as possible!

Allison said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it! I didn't pre-order this dp but now that I've been seeing what everyoe else is doing I've been wondering what I was thinking not getting it!

Connie Collins said...

Oh Vicki...this is beautiful. I can't wait until I get that new DSP.

Lois said...

OMG just gorgeous!! Love the rose paired with the new DSP.