Cards For Sale

Thursday, June 24, 2010

MTSC79......Friends




Good Thursday Morning Peeps! Had a good stamping day yesterday!

Today's card share is made with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.

I wanted to try my hand at the vintage/shabby look that is popular right now. Not sure how well I did, altho it does look a bit old so I think that is what I was going for.

The awesome flower (hydrangea) is from a upcoming new hostess set, Because I Care. I stamped the flower onto some watercolor paper with black stazon and water colored. I used some certainly celery ink and some pretty in pink ink. the leaves are celery and a bit of always artichoke. I then went all around the image with a wash of creamy caramel.

The base of the card is a new color, Early Espresso. so loving this color, very rich! I also matted the main image with the early espresso. I used some DS paper from the Autumn Meadows paper pack. I matted the designer series paper with very vanilla card stock. I used some very vanilla satin ribbon and three chocolate flower brads. I added a small circle of vanilla to the center of the brads and then sponged them with some chocolate chip. The little sentiment comes from the Tiny Tags set and is punched out with the tag punch.

After I had the card done I realized that my BG layer should have been a bit smaller all around to fit the sketch, but I was already done so I wasn't going to take it apart.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

3 comments:

craftystamper said...

Love your card. The colouring is gorgeous.

Lois said...

Another stunning card! Love it!!

Rhonda Langley said...

You did a great job with your shabby vintage! Love how you colored the flower!