Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 6, 2010

SSSC72....Celebrate!




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!!! My favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:




I made this card on Monday, so I had Memorial Day on the brain and I pulled out this old, old SU set, Thankful Thoughts, I believe is the name, there is not a name on the box but I am fairly sure that is the name. It is a set I bought off of e-bay a few years back. I just love it and can't seem to part with it!

I did know that I didn't want to use the traditional Americana colors on this one so I finally decided on pretty in pink and basic black.

My card base is basic black and I followed that with a layer of pretty in pink. The next layer is a piece of dotted acetate that comes from the retired Night and Day DS paper, I had never used this particular piece from the pack, I really didn't know what to use it for, but I think it looks great on a colored piece of card stock.

The main image is stamped with black stazon onto the pretty in pink card stock and is matted with basic black. I pierced all around the edge. The side piece is again pretty in pink and basic black, I used the swiss dot embossing folder on the pretty in pink card stock. I added some basic black satin ribbon and bow. The square brads where some I purchased a long time back, I thought I had picked up round ones but when I got them home and opened them up I see they are square. The are kinda of a nice contrast against all the dots here.

My sentiment comes from the "On your Birthday" set and I masked off the 'let's" and just inked up the "celebrate" and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp it out three times.

I am working on a set of these cards with the same colors and stamp set, so Look for those in the next few days.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Great card, Vicki! Nice snag on e-bay too :D I need more horizontal stamps! Lots of recent sketches call for them and I'm short. Your's looks wonderful - well done.

Rhonda Langley said...

Love pink & black together! That is a cute little stamp-I remember it but I never purchased.

Unknown said...

Love the pink and black silhouette!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous silhouette card, Vicki!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card Vicki! I love the combination of this image with the black and pink!

Karen Motz said...

Very sweet! The colour combo with that image is so fresh!!

Lois said...

Love the color combo and the layout is just great. You've made yet another FABULOUS card.

Donna Mc said...

Love it! The square brads look great and I love how you did the ribbon. You are SO talented!

Nancy Riley said...

I love the pink/black combo with the silhouette image! Fabulous card, Vicki (as always!).

Kathy Martin said...

What a FUN card! LOVE that image! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your non-traditional colors for this fabulous patriotic silhouette image! Great take on Karen's sketch!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE, love the pink/black combo and that silhouette stamp is precious! Lovely card, Vicki!!