Cards For Sale

Monday, June 28, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge......USA




Good Monday Morning Peeps!!

Today's card share is made with the color challenge on
Stacey's Stamping Stage Act 36.. Also this kicks off a week of patriotic themed cards on the ol' blog-o.

Now if you click over to Stacey's blog you will see that her sample card for this weeks color challenge is very similar to mine, pure coincidence!!! Her sample was not even posted when I looked at the color challenge yesterday morning, I swear!!! All I can say is great minds think alike.

I started my card with a base of whisper white and then followed that with some kraft that was embossed with a star EF. I have to admit that my center element was already made. I had made it up a couple of weeks ago, when I found the fun little sticky stars at Michael's, and it was just laying on my desk waiting for the opportunity to be used. When I saw the color challenge, kraft, whisper white, real red, and night of navy, I knew my flag would finally be used.

I mounted the flag to the base with some foam tape and then added the "pole". I made it out of some chocolate chip card stock and shaded it a bit with black ink and my aqua painter.

I added two strips of navy grosgrain ribbon before adding the flag and the "USA" is cut with my naturally serif alphabet die in red white and blue.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for coming by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

We can have two flags waving now :D Love the stars and the star EF you used. on this. Great card :D

Silke Ledlow said...

Vicki your patriotic card is awesome!!! I like how you created the US flag and the embossing in the BG is perfect too!!! Hugs ~S~

Sue said...

A stunning card for this wonderful occasion- soooo clean and crisp! Thank you for joining us for another week of the Curtain Call Colour Challenge! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

omgosh! This is the one you were mentioning...we DO share a brain, Vicki! thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Dawn B. said...

I love this one too.. WOW you are on a roll with these.. Way to go...

Chanda said...

This is so cute! Love it!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

I'm a new follower! :)