Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 27, 2010

SSSC75......Enjoy the journey!




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!!! My favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:




I was at first glance a bit intimidated by this sketch, but after giving it some thought I decided on a plan of attack and set out to see if what I had in mind would work.

I knew I wanted to try and make a sun, I had seen this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now, I used a circle nestie to start, I cut it with so saffron card stock. I then used some crushed curry, cut into 3/8 inch squares to make the rays. I glued them on with my quickie glue pen at an angle, matching point to point around the circle. I then took another circle and glued it to the back to help hold the rays in place.

I used the awesome little single stamp from the summer mini, "Motorcycle". I stamped it with black stazon and did just a bit of coloring with my so saffron marker. The sentiment comes from another set from the summer mini, "Pedaling Past". I stamped it with black stazon onto a piece of crushed curry and cut out and mounted to the sun with some dimensionals.

The base of the card is a 5 inch square of basic gray. I then used some going gray and then more basic gray that was embossed with the new square lattice EF. The sun is then added to the embossed piece with some dimensionals.

I then began to think about the circle elements of the sketch. What would go with the manly type card I was making? I thunked and thunked and then I realized the answer, the extra-large cog punch, which I didn't have. I really hadn't given it a second glance, but I knew my friend Lois had it, and she was such a sweetie to let me use it! She is sooo generous.

I punched a bunch of cogs with the punch in gong gray. and then began to play with them a bit. I ended up using the large ones across the bottom with the center circles set slightly of center with some fun little screw brads that I had in my stash. I then added two little cogs with screw brad centers to the top corners. I think it turned out kinda cool...huh?




I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

GEARS!!! OK, so everyone else seems to be coming up with GREAT ideas for those stupid circles. I was bashing my brain for DAYS over those things! I love this Vicki!! The colors are awesome and the overall design is perfect for the sketch!

Karen Giron said...

Hahaha, Jen is too funny! I love those gears, how creative are you? What a fabulous card (can I say fabulous for a masculine card?) - perfect!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is a totally handsome card!!! LOVE the sun idea and you pulled it off wonderfully, and those gears...brilliant!!!

Lynn Put said...

AWESOME masculine card Vicki!!! The motorcycle with the gears is genius and the colors are perfect!

Nancy Riley said...

Absolutely incredible! Way to go, Vicki! I too was fretting over this sketch - you make it look so easy! Love the gears along the bottom!

Marisa said...

LOVE it!!! Fabulous use of the sketch and I love the cogs/gears.

Lynn said...

Vicki...this is a fabulous card...really, really love the cogs with the silver...perfect!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Vicki, this is amazing! Fabulous masculine card and those gears are just perfect! Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the cog punch with the screws - wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing masculine card. I also love your blog!

Kathy Martin said...

Back from vacation! Love this masculine card! Great gears! :)

Lois said...

OMG how awesome is this!! What a great "guy" card. And the "gears" are so cool (glad I could be of assistance to you..LOL) using the screws is brillant!

K. Joy said...

Wow, this is a great guy card!! I love the gears and the screws! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG this is way toooooo cool Vicki!!! You totally rocked the Sketch with this awesome biker card!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

Every element on this card is perfect.. WOW.. you are so creative.. I love that textured background... I think I have it and can't get it to work... May have to rethink it..-

Jenna Wunderlich said...

LOVE this card! Can't wait to get my hands on that gears punch! They look great:)