Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Angels


Merry Christmas!
I wanted to pop in here quickly to share with you these cute little Christmas Angels I have been making! They are so fun and easy!!!
 I found the tutorial for them while blog surfing HERE, she has a video tutorial that explains the process, they are really very easy.  They can be embellished to the hilt are left simple, I just used supplies I had on hand, but I want to pick up some feathers and that pretty punch she used to make some more fancy ones, I am thinking of one for each month of the year would be adorable!
The base is half of  a 7-3/4 inch circle and the arms are half of a 4 inch circle. The half circles are curled into a cone shape and glued. I used a small clothespin to hold it together while the glue dried.
 On this one I used some confetti cream card stock and I stamped the image from the Stampin Up "Beautiful Season and colored it before assembling the angel.
The head is a small ornament and is glued to the cone after pushing in the point to make the place for it to sit. 


I had some of this gold laced rick-rack that I got at JoAnns sometime last year and I added it around the bottom and the sleeves of the angel. I embossed her sleeves and wings with the dot embossing folder. the halo is some chenille pipe cleaners, and I wrapped some red string beads around the halo. I added a lace bow made with some SU crochet trim and a bit more of the red string beads. Love how this came out!

You know I had to try some of my favorite paper to make a Country Angel too:


I kept the embellishments to a minimum on this one, so the pretty music sheet paper could shine through :)
I used a polished gold ornament for her head and coffee dyed the chenille pipe cleaner to match her paper. The ribbon is more I had in my stash and matches the "country feel" I was going for on this one. I glittered her wings with some gold dust stickles. 

  
Well, that is all from me for now, I know I will be making more of these cute little angels and I will show them to you as I do. Hope you all have a blessed Christmas and Enjoy it with all the ones you love the most.
HAPPY STAMPING!!
Vicki


19 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Your angels are just gorgeous. I really like the music sheet one. I am so glad that you were able to make these wonderful Angels from the tutorial. They came out awesome.

Merry Christmas
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Scrappin' Cat! said...

These are beautiful. I saw them on Pinterest and just had to check out your post to learn more. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! Those are precious!!! LOVE them, Vicki! I hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas yesterday!

Cathy from Illinois said...

Beautiful paper angels! As a collector of angels, I am definately going to make some of these! I forward the link to a friend of mine who loves victorian things! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea! Happy New Year

Kris McIntosh said...

These are just gorgeous. I will have to save this so that I can use it next year. Thanks for sharing.

Sandi said...

How precious and dainty -- so beautiful. Love how you decorated them Vicki!

marie said...

I just saw these on Pinterest and had to stop by and tell you how cute they are! Thanks for sharing the link too.

Nikki Spencer said...

These brought back childhood memories Vicki, they are so sweet!

Jill Norwood said...

These angels are so precious! I just love them!

Sherry said...

I love your angels I do some stamping but haven't for a few years.I adopted three special needs boys but I want to get back to it again soon. Just got back to sewing.. getting there.. I love the one in the music sheets have a friend who would love it for next Christmas!

Dotti said...

Cute angles i love like to make one but i cant get the link to work to get the tempplate for the angel can you post the link please

Unknown said...

Beautiful...thank you !!!

arlene said...

Thank you so much for sharing your BLOG. I love the Christmas Angel ornaments....especially the sheet music one! They are the nicest ones I've seen in my many hours of cruising the web & Pinterest....
HUGS
Merry Christmas...

Gay Ferland said...

I absolutely love these angels!! I tried to see the tutorial but it is not available. I will need to make these for Christmas or every month!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Gay Ferland said...

@Arlene....I totally agree, these are the very best that I have seen after browsing the web for months!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your adorable angel ornaments! I have been looking for something to make for the women in my bible study for Christmas and these are perfect! I did have one question, have you ever tried to make them with anything but card stock like maybe scrap booking paper? Or do you think that would be too flimsy? The design options with paper would be endless! Thanks again for sharing!

Unknown said...

This caught my eyes immediately! How absolutely gorgeous and you make it sound so easy to do. I must try one and if it works out, have it ready for my 6 yr old grand daughter to make for her mom. Thank you so much for sharing ♡

https://carnetdeconducirespanolexpres.com said...

Thank you for sharing your adorable angel ornaments! I have been looking for something to make for the women in my bible study for Christmas and these are perfect!

https://permisdeconducereromanesc.com said...

This caught my eyes immediately! How absolutely gorgeous and you make it sound so easy to do. I must try one and if it works out, have it ready for my 6 yr old grand daughter to m