Cards For Sale

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mojo Monday......Celebrate




Happy Hump Day Peeps!!!!

Today's card is made with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.

This week it was either a round or square card for the sketch:



You can see, that I chose the round, I love making round cards, such fun!! The base of my card is night of navy card stock cut with my scallop nesties. I then used some white and real red for the next layer. The white was embossed with the Swiss Dot EF.

I made a cute little pinwheel with my small star punch and added a white handle. I added this to my white circle element with some foam tape. I matted with another scallop circle cut with real red card stock. The square element is night of navy that I embossed with my star EF.

The sentiment is from the "A Little Birthday Cheer" stamp set. I just masked of the "You", with a post it note, as I only wanted the "Celebrate" and stamped it with night of navy ink onto white and cut out and curled a bit. My sentiment is in place of the star element in the sketch! So whatcha think?

Well, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Dawn B. said...

LOVE this Vicki.. What a great card.. It is perfect for the sketch..

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How cool! I just love that pinwheel - so clever. Thanks for playing Mojo!

Marisa said...

What a fun card, Vicki! Great use of the sketch.

Lois said...

I love the pinwheel. You will have to show me how to make one. I love everything about this card.

Kathy Martin said...

Wonderfully patriotic and fun card! Love the shape, the embossing and that great pinwheel! :)

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the pinwheel!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome, Vicki! Love that you did the round sketch!

Joanne Travis said...

Hi Vicki, hope you have been doing well!
Love your black, white, and red cards. My favorite color combination!!