Cards For Sale

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mojo....Happy July 4th




Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!

I have some new non SU stamps I am playing with and I have too tell you I am totally loving them. The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, I LOVE making patriotic cards. Last week I saw this beauty made my Karen and it totally sent me over the edge. I ordered a kit from Taylored Expressions that included stamps, paper, DS paper, ribbon glitter, and rhinestones. Awesome kit!!!!

My card today is made with the Mojo Monday Sketch. The base of the card is the blue from the kit. the next layer is the red from the kit and I used the SU large flower punch to make the scallops across the bottom. I punched a couple of flowers out with the cream from the kit and cut them apart to make the scallops. The next layer is a piece of the DS paper. I stamped the image twice with backaroo blue and real red ink. I matted the image with red and added the ribbon on the side. The sentiment is over stamped with black stazon. I cut out the two stars in red and added them over the blue with some dimensionals. I then used the SU large and small star punch in red and cream. I added a blue star rhinestone that comes with the kit. I added the red rhinestones, from my stash, across the bottom.

I really like this kit and I think you will probably see a few more of these type cards. :)

Well, that is all from me, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Vicki!

Lois said...

How cute!! I love it. Love the layout and the way you made the scallop! And the bling!!!
TFS

Marisa said...

Love what you've created here, Vicki :D Great use of colours, bling, stars and the mojo sketch! I have the star die at the top of my wish list!

Dolly said...

Hello from Riverton, UT-home of the Stampin' Up Headquarters! I just moved here last week and discovered their building down the street:) I LOVE stamping also-♥

Kathy Martin said...

Love this! Great bits of ribbon and all those stars are perfect! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Super patriotic card! Love all those great details...wonderful work!

Carol<>< said...

lovely card, great papers and theme!
Carol N<><

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous! Love this darling little Americana card! Thanks for playing Mojo!

Nicole said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. Love the bling.

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this! The layered stars look amazing with this stamp and it rocks with the sketch! I feel like such an enabler - bwahaha!