Cards For Sale

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Favorite Summer Flower



Happy Thursday Morning Peeps!!! Hope your week is going well.

Today's card was made for 2 separate challenges, first up is the Summer time inspiration challenge on the OCC blog. They said "This week we want you to make a card inspired by what summer means to you." I am sooooo NOT a summer person, summer mostly means long HOT days, and I don't do HOT. But if I had to pick something one of my favorite thing about summer would be flowers and in particular, sunflowers or black-eye Susan's, I do LOVE them, they just make me smile! So I wanted to do something for my card that represented these type of flowers.

I used the sketch on the Clean & Simple Blog, Fall to Layout #93.

The flowers are made with the Sizzix Daises #2 die. I used the smallest flower and cut them out with summer sun card stock. I cut two for each flower and layered them up and added a chocolate chip center. I used the Sizzix Little Leaves in always artichoke for the leaves behind the flowers. They are all layered onto a piece of white that i scored on the diagonal to sorta imitate a trellis.

The sentiment comes from the "Kind & Caring Thoughts" stamp set and is stamped with always artichoke ink. I also added two artichoke brads. Of course the base is white and the main panel is matted with always artichoke.

Well, that is all from me for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Donna Mc said...

I LOVE this! I have to get this die. Love the colors and the trellis background. TFS!

Dawn Easton said...

Girl, you always inspire me! I haven't used that die in a long time! LOVE the sunflowers you created!!! Fantastic my friend~!

Lesley said...

This is beautiful! I just love the colors. Must try that sketch. Thanks for the inspiration!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Vicki! I too love black eyed susan's. Your neighbours have a huge bunch of them in their front yard so I get to enjoy them first hand :D Love the scoring on the panel and how you used this sketch! Greta card!!

Lois said...

OMGoodness, I love this. I really love the "Black Eyed Susans". And I also love the embossed panel you did.

Pam said...

Awesome card, Vicki! Thanks so much for sharing ... (now where is my cards to CASE list....) LOL

Rhonda Langley said...

WOW! The white background really makes the flowers pop!

Nancy Gloriod said...

Hi Vicki,Thanks for the great card. I needed a birthday card for a friend and she loves sunflowers so I cased you card and I am sure she is going to love it.

Julie Leblanc said...

Great take on the challenge at OCC... thanks for joining us:-)