Cards For Sale

Friday, June 11, 2010

PPA......Color Challenge Purse




TGIF Peeps!!!

Today I have a fun little purse to share with you. I found the tutorial for this little cutie here. I used the color challenge on the Pals Paper Arts blog for the colors of my purse. The challenge colors are Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede and Crushed Curry. I used the Thoroughly Modern DS paper for the body of my purse. The little front pocket is DS paper from the same pack and I added a bit of scallop trim with my Scallop Edge Punch. The crushed curry come into the purse in the form of my little flower key chain. I also used some old olive. the flower and the leaves are made with the 5 petal flower punch. I added some brads to the handles to secure them a bit more and a brad to the flower center.

I have to admit I am NOT a 3-D person. I struggle a bit with these type of things and it did take three tries for me to get a presentable one. One thing I might suggest if you go to make one of these, I found it easier to attach the top of the purse to the base of the purse before adhering the bottom together. I just thought it was too hard to get the top into the bottom when it was taped together.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Well I would never have known you struggle with 3D items because this totally rocks girl! Love how you added the little chain with flowers!!! CUTE!

Linda Callahan said...

You are so right - this is definitely a cutie! No signs of a struggle anywhere :) The flower on the chain is the perfect pop of color - so glad you play at PPA!

Marisa said...

How fun :D Thanks for the link. Great use of the colour challenge. Love your flower on the chain. Great project.

Lois said...

How cute is this!!!! I love it. Doesn't look to me that you had struggles. Love the pop of color with the flowers too.

Rhonda Langley said...

Nicely done!

Ann Schach said...

Very cute! Love the chain and flower detail. Thanks for playing @ PPA!