Cards For Sale

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bag in a Box




Good Saturday Morning Peeps!!! I was up and out early this morning because I had an appointment to get my hair cut and colored before work. It was very chilly and DH got my car started and it was warm and toasty before I left. He is so sweet, definitely a keeper!!

My project to show you today is what is called a Bag in a Box. There is instructions all over the place for these. So I'll just give you the highlights here. I started with a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch piece of card stock and scored it on all four sides at 1 inch. Cut both corners on the score line on two sides and fold into a box and tape together. Next you will need a piece of DS paper cut 5 1/2 x 11 inches. I used red sticky tape to mine together. Put sticky tape on one long side and one short side of the DS paper. Lay the box you made earlier on the long side of the DS paper with the red side of the sticky tape removed and roll the box around the tape, taking care to line up the bottom of the box with the bottom of your DS paper. When you reach the end remove the red side of the sticky tape that is on your short side and stick together to form the bag part of the bag in a box. Next I used the opposite side of my DS paper for the contrast at the bottom. Cut a piece 1 1/2 x 11 inches. I used the SU scallop edge punch on one side and attached this piece in the same way as stated before. Punch two tabs out with the SU tab punch to make the closure. You can punch a hole with a 1/4 inch punch and put your ribbon through or use brad, I used the SU jumbo brads and some riding hood red ribbon. Decorate as you would like and that is it. Easy Peasy! Here is another I started with some fun Basic Gray Paper. Haven't quite finished it yet, but wanted you to see the fun snowman bag.



Last night I was out and about with DD for our regular Friday night outing and found this cute little Holiday stamps at Wal-Mart!



Don't they look fun?

On another note are any of you cheesecake makers? My mission this weekend is to make my very first cheesecake. The guy who does my hair makes the best ones I have ever heard of, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Neapolitan, German Chocolate, and Carrot Cake Cheesecake just to name a few! I have got to try, they all sound so yummy! If you make them let me know and leave me your favorite recipe and any hints you might have. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday, maybe I'll have a picture to share. Stay tuned!!! LOL!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!!

Vicki

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love this bag in a box you made! I'm going to have to give one of those a try soon, thanks for the inspiration!
Beth