Cards For Sale

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Merry & Bright



Good Wednesday morning Peeps! I really love today's card, I don't generally say that, and lately I have not been "feeling" any card I make, but this one turned out awesome!

I used paper I just got from PTI and it is amazing! I love the metallic blue. You can't really see the shimmer of the paper in the picture, but it is beautiful.

The ornament is made with the reverse masking technique. I cut a circle with my coluzzle is a scrap piece of paper, discarded the circle and used the negative piece. I used some temporary glue to attach the mask to my PTI white card stock. Sponged lightly with night of navy inside the circle and then again putting a heavier concentration of ink closer to the edges. Then I inked up the stamp from SU's Season of Joy, again with night of navy, and stamped it inside the circle, with the mask still attached. Removed the mask and decorated the ornament with silver cord, a small peice of the metallic blue cardstock for the top and then some blue grosgrain ribbon. Lots of layers and a cuttlebugged snowflake BG and the sentiment is from the SU set To you and Yours.

This is how the card looks in my mind:

Glitter Photos
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Photos*]



Don't you love it?

Well, that's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by, I won't have a post for you tomorrow, but I'll try and have something new on Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Vicki

4 comments:

carol h said...

Love this one!!! Very elegant!!

Lois said...

pretty pretty pretty....I hope to see it IRL

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! I love it! I hope you know that now I have to copy it. LOL

Amber

Tammy said...

Love your card. I found it on SCS and just had to check out your blog. To my surprise...you're practically a neighbor...I'm just down in Springfield, MO!
TFS
Tammy