Cards For Sale

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello


TGIF Peeps!!
Hope you all have had a great week, it has been non stop rain and gloom here in southwest MO all week.  So I thought I would try and chase away some of the gloom with a bright sun shiney card.
I hear that yellow and gray is a hot color combo right now and I can certainly understand why after working with them.
I wanted to use some of the new and coming to customers in April, "Summer Smooches" products. I finally dove into the Designer Paper and Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon.
The base of the card is Basic Gray card stock and then I added pretty piece of DSP.
I then used another piece of basic gray card stock that I had embossed with the dots folder.


The stamp is from the "Just Believe" stamp set from Stampin' Up. I stamped it with Basic Gray ink onto the  whisper white card stock.
I then used my Boho Blossom punch and punched a few flowers with some daffodil delight card stock.
the smallest flower at the top is made with one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. I "cupped" all the flowers by using my mat pack and stylus. Lay the punched flower onto the foam piece from the mat pack and using your stylus make small circles in the middle of the flower which makes the flower curl up a bit.
I added the flowers to the card using my tombow glue. I then added a pearl to each flower center.
The sentiment comes from the SAB Elementary Elegance stamp set.  I used the 1-1/4 inch and 1-3/8 inch circle punches to make the circle sentiment piece. I added a row of pearls under the sentiment and some pearls to the corners.
Thanks for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Gray and yellow are so chic together. I love, love the new yellow seam binding ribbon. Great job with the new supplies on a wonderfully sophisticated card! Love it!

Wendy said...

Beautiful!!!! LOVE the gray & yellow color combo too! I don't think I would have ever thought to use it. Hopefully your pretty card will chase away all the gloominess & rain and bring sunshine for your weekend! Rain is headed in my direction now! LOL It's ok, we need some rain!
Happy Friday, my friend! Miss you!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! Love your flowers! :)

Jodi said...

I'm a huge fan of the yellow & grey combination, so I'm in love with this one. Such a bright & cheerful card! It's sure to brighten the day of the receiver. Can't wait to get my hands on this new dsp. Looks like a lot of fun patterns & colors to play with.

Martha Herrera said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love that color combo...

Marisa said...

Love that silhouette image and the aded flowers. Great colour combo too. Lovely card :)

Lynda said...

Such a pretty palate isn't it?? Not really a yello person, but still it makes me smile.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to cut into that paper too! Yellow and grey are gorgeous together!

Beth McAlexander said...

Love this card and the colors!

Allison said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the layout and colour combo!

Linda Callahan said...

I love yellow and gray - this is so pretty!

Artes de Nágela said...

So beautiful and delicate!

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautiful card and such lovely colors.
Marcie

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I haven't done this combo in a long time, but I love it!! Yellow and black is just too stark for me usually, and reminds me of bees. (shudder) Fine if I'm doing cute little punched bees, not so much for other stuff. lol I love this card!! So glad I found this on Kim Score's blog.