Cards For Sale

Friday, February 19, 2010

PPA30 On Your Birthday....





TGIF Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made for the challenge on the Pals Paper Arts Blog. This week is a KISS challenge, Keep It Simple, Sweetie.

The base is kraft card stock. I then stamped the balloon from the "Crazy for Cupcakes" set three times onto another piece of kraft card stock using black stazon. I masked off the middle balloon to stamp the third one. I colored the balloons in with markers. I stamped two more balloons on scrap kraft and colored them. I cut them out and added them to the card with some foam tape.

The sentiment is from the SU "On Your Birthday" set. I stamped that with black stazon using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get it straight. The ribbon is some retired riding hood red taffeta. I layered this piece onto the base of the same color. I didn't want the back of the colored piece showing, I think it just makes the card look better.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is so simple but it is absolutely adorable - I love it!! Thanks so much for playing @PPA!

Marisa said...

Darling. Love the way you used crystal effects or the like to make the popped up balloons shiny. Well done :D

Sara said...

Love the simplicity! Very cute!

LW said...

Beautiful card!!!

Reina said...

Very cute!

Denise Marzec said...

I LOVE this design! Ohhhhhhh, the colors against the kraft, the white highlights on the balloons, the PERFECT bow....love everything about this!

Ann Schach said...

This is adorable! I love the colors that you used. Thanks for playing @ PPA!