Cards For Sale

Friday, November 7, 2008

Make a Wish



TGIF, peeps!!!

My card today is another for the challenges at splitcoast, this one for the limited supply challenge, Fun with shapes. The challenge this week is to create a card using both a rectangle and a circle in your design.

Your card can be in any theme.

Embellishments - Ribbon only!!!

I wanted to use my new SU set Crazy for Cupcakes and was going to use the image with the stacked cupcakes on a stand, but when I water colored it, I made a discovery. I had purchased a brand of watercolor paper that I don't usually use and even tho it was 140lb weight it was much different from the brand I always use. Live and Learn huh? It just couldn't take the water very well, not sure how to explain it, just wasn't right.....so I just went with the single cupcake and used my markers and a blender pen to color the image. I am heading back to Hobby Lobby tonight to get the good stuff!!! I love to watercolor and you really need good paper to start and to achieve good results. Like my next card. It was made with the last bit of my old pack.



What a difference the paper makes huh? I love the look and feel of this card, the BG paper is some I got last year at Hobby Lobby and it is by My Minds Eye. I am hoping they still have some, I'll check when I head over there after work tonight. I like the aged look of it and of course I love anything with polka dots! The brads was a find at Michael's, I grabbed the last two packages and one went in the box I sent to my little acorn. I used riding hood red for the base and it matches the DS paper really well. As does the kraft cardstock. I think the river rock ribbon matches pretty good too, glad to be able to use it again. I find when the new colors come out the old ones just seem to be forgotten as well as the ribbon. I don't know about you but when I design a card it is really trial and error. I don't know the things I want to use and what embellishments I will use until I am putting it all together, however on this one I did know I wanted those leaf brads somewhere. The rest just come together as I went along, even the piercing on the scallop was done after I had put the card all together, I had to peel up the edge and stick my mat under the edge and do the holes and then stick it all down again. Are any of you like that? I always imagine that everyone else's creations come together without the trouble and anguish that I go through. My daughter assures me that it is probably the same for most others.

Well that all I got for you today, thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!!

Vicki

1 comment:

Chris said...

Stunning cards Vicki! I love your new cupcake stamp, very striking and I can empathise about the paper problem, different brands do seem to react very differently I've found. You're not alone there with your putting it all together as you go along and having to improvise to add things after the fact LOL! Someone said of my cards that they always look so well thought out and planned! If only she knew! I hope your little Acorn loved her present. Chris