Cards For Sale

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Very Merry Elves



Good Thursday morning peeps, or as we like to call it around our house Friday eve!!! The sun is finally shinning and the temps are moving up! YEAH!!! I love winter, but not the dreary days!!

My card today is a combo, for the sketch challenge and Ways to use it Challenge on splitcoast. The sketch is a version of one seen here. The ways to use it challenge was to use watercolor paper in our design. I stamped the elves from the SU Holiday Lineup set in black stazon on my watercolor paper. I colored them in with an aquapainter and ink in blush blossom, real red, old olive and a little basic gray. I used some liquid applique on the hats to look like pom-poms. I also used watercolor paper to stamp the sentiment on and to punch out the snowflakes. The watercolor paper is just a bit to heavy for punching out those snowflakes and I was afraid at one point I had broke my punch, but DH came to the rescue was able to get the snowflakes punched and not break the punch, but I will not try that again. I used last years DS paper called Dashing for my colors, those elves just have to be dressed in red and green, in my opinion. I think this card is just a little over the top, I just couldn't stop adding to it, the brads, the ribbon the snowflakes the bling!!!! LOL!!! Anita if you are reading this, how do my knots look, I have been practicing!!!!

Well, that's all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!!



Here are a few more Wal-Mart stamps I got last night.

1 comment:

Lois said...

All I can say is CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!
Love it!!

Now where can I find those stamps?? I've looked at WM 15th and Webb but they don't have them, unless I'm lookin in the wrong place.

See ya tomorrow nite.