Cards For Sale

Friday, November 14, 2008

Riding Hood Red Apples



Good Friday morning peeps. Another rainy dreary day here in Missouri. It is suppose to turn really cold later today! Yeah winter!!!

Today's card is another I made with this borrowed set, I may never return it, you think my friend will notice? Probably!! LOL!!! I thought I would watercolor some more, big surprise huh, and I had some riding hood red paper out on my desk from my last project so I decided my apples would be the ones the Little Red Riding Hood was taking to her grandma. The had to be dark and juicy, I started by laying down a base of certainly celery, funny huh, but most apples have some green tones in them, of course not all, but mine do anyway. Then went over that with some real red and finally riding hood red. They look yummy don't they? I kept the rest of the card simple, the base is a 4 1/4 inch square of riding hood red that I ran through the cuttlebug with the swiss dot embossing folder. added some tabs at the top and bottom with the word window punch and some brads. Stamped my sentiment on a separate piece of watercolor paper with black stazon, cut it out and it is held on with one of the cute little mini library clips. the center panel is up on dimensionals. A nice fall card to send to my neighbor with a jar of my homemade apple butter!

Well that is all for today, I have my stamp camp to go to tonight, I am excited for that! Hope ya'll have a fun weekend planned. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

Vicki

3 comments:

Lois said...

Love it....it's prettier IRL, thanks for sharing with me tonight.

See ya Saturday.

carol h said...

Vicki, your card is just beautiful, as is all your work. I can't wait to check out your blog every day to see what you have done. I wish I had a little of your talent and artistic eye!!! Beautiful work, can't wait to see what you have for today.

Megan said...

This is very cute!! I love this set, but I don't have it ;) I don't think I'd give it back to my friend! Tell her you lost in. yeah. That'll work!!