Cards For Sale

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Topiary



Happy Saturday morning to you! Hope you all are having a good weekend. I am scheduling this entry to post on Saturday so with some luck you are seeing it!! Keeping my fingers crossed that this works.

On to the card.......Have you seen some of these floating around? This cute little topiary made with the SU large and small punches. I had to give it a try. I wanted mine to be like a Christmas topiary, so I stamped snowflakes on the punched out stars and on the pot. The pot is made with punches as well. The 1 3/8 inch square punch and the word window punch. I tapered the sides of the square just a little. I also used the 1/4 inch circle punch for the faux berries on the topiary. Isn't it cute. I love the country feel of this card. The felt ribbon and that cute checked paper from the bella rose pack just makes it feel 'country', to me anyway! The card is larger than I usually make and I don't know what kind of envelope I will find for it. The base is 6 1/4 inches tall by 4 1/4 inches wide. This is a piece of riding hood red I had found in my scraps and it was already this size, so I just went with it! What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great rest of the weekend! Happy Stamping!

Vicki

1 comment:

A Stamper's Journey said...

Vicki,

this is a great card! I love the colors and your so very beautiful topiary. In one word "Lovely!"