Cards For Sale

Monday, November 17, 2008

Let It Snow




Happy Monday peeps! Glad you stopped by today. My card today is made for Beate's Weekend sketch Challenge. I again picked an image that was a little toooo big for the sketch, so I had to stretch it a bit, but I just love this Penny Black snowman, he is one of my all time favorites. I do love all snowmen tho!!! I had a hard time getting a good photo of this card, don't know why, but I must have taken 20 pictures, just to get this one, not so great photo. I just love night of navy and bashful blue for snow/winter cards don't you? I added some stickles on the ground and to the side of the snowman, it is not showing to much in the photo but it is there. The card is really cute in person, the photo just doesn't do it justice. The sentiment is from some of those Wal-Mart clear stamp sets I have been showing you. I stamped it with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. I had to add one of my favorite touches for any card and that is piercing. The card is fairly simple, not much stamping, just the little snowman and a little gray down one side for some shadow and depth, and just a little pumpkin pie for the nose. Alot of layering and foo-foo and I am a happy girl!!! LOL!!!

Well, that is it for today, thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Debbie McPherson said...

I love the card. I really like snowmen though. I'm going to have to check out the snowman!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Very cute!

Lois said...

love it, love it, love it. I love snnowmen.

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Love the soft colors and the stamp.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles