Cards For Sale

Friday, November 21, 2008

Warm Wishes 2 Ways



Good Friday Morning Peeps!!! It is a very cold day here and I am concentrating on staying warm. This big old building where I work is almost impossible to heat. The ceilings are so high and and all the heat is up there. I have a small heater by my feet, here behind the counter, so that helps some.

I have two cards to show you today, two versions of the same card actually. The first is made with baja breeze and some 'My Minds Eye' designer paper. It is amazing how well they match. I just got my Ice Crystal cuttle bug die, Thanks Lois, and the other smaller snowflakes are also cuttlebug dies I got last year at Hobby Lobby. I used a layout I saw on a blog somewhere for the design of the card, I need to write down where I see layouts, so I can give the proper credit.

The inside of the card:



I like to decorate the inside of my cards when I have time, finished inside and out, as they say!

The next card is made with always artichoke and some basic gray DS paper called figgy pudding.



I cut out my snowflakes with the cuttlebug dies and a chipboard coaster. Covered them with two way glue and dazzling diamonds. I wish the photo could capture the sparkle. It is so cool! I flipped the center strip to put the larger piece on the left side of the card. I also stamped the sentiment on a separate piece of paper and layered it with some more always artichoke and attached it with a couple of pop dots. I used the scallop edge punch to accent the sides of the strip, which is also paper from the figgy pudding pack by Basic gray. I think this one is my favorite, I like the rustic look of it.

The inside:




Which do you like better, the rustic or the bright?

Well, that's all I have for you today. I have alot of things to get done today and the rest of the weekend. Hope ya'll have a fun filled weekend doing all the things you like best. Happy Stamping!

Vicki

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

How AWESOME Vicki! These are FABULOUS!!!

Susan said...

I couldn't choose, Vicki! I like both of them and you have convinced me I 'NEED' that snowflake die!

Stamp and Smile said...

O' You have this fun CB die... Ice Crystal Snowflake! I have it and enjoy using white glitter Foamies as my material of choice... it gives such a fun effect. Your cards are awesome! Faboulous girl!!!! :)