Cards For Sale

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Merry Christmas Cardinal



Happy Hump Day peeps!!! Hope you are all having a great day so far!

My card today was made with the sketch challenge on splitcoast. I water colored the cardinal from the SU set A Christmas Cardinal with my aquapainter and real red ink, and shaded some with bravo burgundy, this cardinal is really easy to color, I love it!!! We have cardinals at our bird feeder in the back yard all year round and they are especially gorgeous during the winter when it snows, it is amazing to watch them all.

I am not so thrilled with how this card turned out, I think I should have used another shade of green..??!! The cute little snowflakes are buttons, I got at Hobby Lobby, that I cut the shank off the back with my scissors and put on the card with glue dots. I used the cuttlebug and snowflake embossing folder for one layer of my background, the other is some always artichoke DS paper from SU that is retired, it is from the Holiday Harmony DS pack, I believe.


This next card is really a fun and quick card I made last night, I really love this snowman stamp from Penny Black, it is one of my all time favorite snowmen stamps. I used stickles to cover the ground and for the falling snow. I used my tombow gray marker to add just a bit of shade to one side of the snowman and just a little pumpkin pie for his nose. I love all the bling on this card, it just sparkles so much IRL! The snowman and the cuttlebugged BG is on SU shimmer paper, adds a nice glow. Of course I had to add some snowflakes with my new Martha Stewart punch, love that thing!!



Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Stamping!!!

Vicki

2 comments:

Patty (SCS-pepperrn) said...

I love both of these cards, I am just in awe of your creativity!

Patty

Regina said...

I found your blog in a search for something else and I am so glad I did. What a wonderful blog you have! All your creations are beautiful! I'm adding you to my google reader.
Greetings Regina from Germany