Cards For Sale

Monday, November 10, 2008



Good Monday morning peeps! I have a couple of sketch cards to show you today!

The first one is one made with
Jen's sketch challenge. I made this with the SU set Give Thanks, retired, that I borrowed from my friend, Lois. I just love this set and wish I had got it before it retired. I really love to watercolor and this set is great for that. I started with a piece of 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" chocolate chip cardstock, folded in half. I used some designer paper from a retired SU pack, I believe it is from last years fall flowers, maybe? I did alot of masking on the image panel and also stamped the sunflower another time on watercolor paper and cut it out and popped it up on dimensional. I used some chocolate chip wide grosgrain for my top layer in the sketch and added a bow. I also added my sentiment, I have a very hard time making a card with out a sentiment on the front, usinf the large and small oval punches.

The next card was made for beate's weekend sketch challenge.. The image is stamped in chocolate chip craft ink and embossed with stardust embossing powder. It really sparkles IRL, but it is hard to get a picture that shows the sparkle. I did the sentiment the same way. The pattered paper is from one of the simply sent card kits.




Well, I did manage to make my very first cheesecake on Sunday. It turned out great, tasted awesome, didn't look so pretty I made a Turtle cheesecake with this recipe:

Turtle Cheesecake
Ingredients:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
14 ounces individually wrapped caramels
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 eggs


Directions:

1. Melt the butter and combine with the vanilla wafer crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.

2. Place the evaporated milk in a 1-1/2 quart heavy saucepan, and melt the caramels in it over low heat. Heat and stir frequently until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and top with pecans.

3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla; beat well until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after adding each egg.

4. Melt the chocolate, and combine with the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the Carmel pecan mixture in spring form pan.

5. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Loosen cake from the edges of pan, but do not remove rim until cooled. Chill completely.

I just had a little trouble when getting it out of my spring form pan because the Carmel layer stuck to the sides. I didn't get a picture because it didn't make a pretty presentation, but I am going to be trying a Pumpkin one soon and I promise to get a picture of that one.

Well that's all for today, thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Beate said...

Vicki, both cards look wonderful!
Love the coloring on the first, the sparkle embossing on the second on the rich colors on both.
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Lois said...

AWESOME cards Vicki...and that dessert sounds verrrrry good. Hope you saved me a pc.