Cards For Sale

Monday, November 3, 2008

Decorative Circle Medallion, A weekend Sketch and a Triangle Santa Box


Good Monday morning peeps!!! Hope you had a great weekend.

Today's cards are made for the technique challenge on splitcoast. This is a really fun and elegant way to showcase your central image on the card. I am sure it would be adorable with a fun little snowman or penguin or the like in the center. This corner punch is the only decorative corner punch I have, and I really need some more to try with this technique.



The technique is so fun and I really love the outcome, and it is not hard at all to achieve. There is a video tutorial for it
here. If you read my blog I referred to this amazing person and her blog a week or two ago. She has such an elegant style and the papers and ribbon she uses are magnificent.

My next card is for Beate's Weekend sketch challenge. I deviated from the sketch slightly to make it fit the images I wanted to use. I hope it still is close enough to qualify.

Of all the cards I did this weekend, this is my favorite, just love all the bling!!!

And lastly a cute little triangle box I mad following this tutorial here. I made my into a Santa, I like it but I am not thrilled with it yet, I need to change it up a bit, but for the first attempt, NOT bad!!!


Imagine a white pom-pom on his hat, I didn't have one yet, but that is what I envisioned there.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Awww Vicki, I love each and every one of them and want to make them all LOL! I love your medallion card, I didn't play today as I don't have any of those corner punches but I think I'll have to get some, your cards done this way are stunning. The christmas three card is beautifully blingy and your Santa card is superb, I think he would look wonderful with a pom pom too. Chris

Beth said...

Hi Vicki, like Chris I didn't have a corner punch either but have been admiring your cards and the others posted on SCS today! I went to Becca's blog last week after visiting your site and you are right she has fabulous ideas! TFS that. I love the card you did for Beate's challenge and your cute Santa box :)
Cheers,
Beth