Cards For Sale

Monday, November 7, 2011

Owl Calendar Magnet


Happy Monday Peeps!

Today I am popping in here quickly to share my OWL Calendars. These have a magnet strip on the back to make them hang on your refrigerator or filing cabinet or where ever you want.

The idea for this magnet calendar owl popped into my head last week and I couldn't wait to figure out how to make it. I wanted to make a large owl and put the calendars in his belly area, but how to make the owl?
 I knew you could enlarge with the Stampin Up MDS program, I had seen a wonderful quilt that one of this years Artisan Award  winners had made where she had enlarge our owl punch pattern and used it for an applique pattern for her quilt. One problem, I do not have the MDS program so what should I do? I thought about it for a day or two and then I decided to just go to a copy machine and voila. I actually punched out an owl using our two step punch and also punched a vest and put it on him. I then enlarged and then enlarged the copy til I got the size I wanted. He is about 4-1/4 inches by 6.


I used some of the card board that comes in our paper pack and used a glue stick to add early espresso card stock and then traced around the template I had made. I cut off the feet as they were a bit hard to cut. I added his vest on this one with some paper from the Letters to Santa DSP.  I made his eyes with punches and 
I added a small bow. 
I think he is very cute, I LOVE the way he turned out.
I will be posting these in my etsy shop, with varying colors for the vest and owl, so head on over there if you would like to get one, I think I will make some matching paper clips to go with the calendar, together they would make a great teacher or co-worker gift.
I have some great vintage tags to show you that I have been making up to sell on etsy too, so watch for those this week. Thanks so much for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Who's the cutest owl? He is! Adorable project! I have a hard time finding those mini calendars!

Wendy said...

OMFreakinGOD!!! Vicki, these turned out so darn cute! I know how you were bouncing this idea around in your head but to actually see them made is awesome!! Girl, you rock!
I gotta have one of these! :)

Dawn Easton said...

So super duper cute!!! Brilliant!

Marisa said...

Darling :) My daughter did a big cat with some note paper on the front as a Mother's Day project and I still have it. You need to pass this one to a few teachers :)