Cards For Sale

Monday, November 28, 2011

Paper Players Sketch Challenge


Happy Monday Peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch challenge this week on the The Paper Players Blog.

I started my card out with a base of Crumb Cake card stock. I followed that up with some riding hood red card stock and the DSP I used is from the Stampin Up "Letters to Santa" paper pack.
The strip across the bottom is some crumb cake that I embossed with the square lattice EF and is matted with some early espresso card stock that has be punched along the bottom with the lace edge punch.
The angled piece is some more of the Letters to Santa DSP and is also matted with the early espresso card stock.
The main image is from the Stampin Up "Beautiful Season" stamp set. I stamped onto white card stock with black stazon and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I shaded and splattered the  image using crumb cake and early espresso ink. I cut the ovals and scallop ovals with my nesties.


I wanted to use some ribbon across the bottom and was going to use some crumb cake seam binding ribbon but when I got my spool out, it had almost none left. So I started looking around for some other to use and came across all the wide striped ribbon I have and almost never use. I like the wide striped ribbon and LOVE it when I see it on other peoples cards but I have a hard time using it. I have a bunch, full rolls that have never been used, I bought spools of every color that was on the clearance rack a few months back. So I talked my self into taking the leap and using some, what do you think, to much stripes going on? I may change it up and try some satin ribbon, I do love the satin ribbon so much.
The sentiment on here is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and I added some silver pearls in the corners to finish it off!

Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Just beautiful! Love the color combo and the gorgeous chickadee.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh no, I LOVE that big wide striped ribbon! It's GORGEOUS! Your card turned out beautifully!!!

Wendy said...

Never too much stripes! This is so pretty and i'm lovin the stripes from the paper to the ribbon (and you know I LOVE this wide ribbon)!!! Beautiful coloring and great layout!! A beauty of a holiday card, Vicki!!!! :)
Happy Monday, my friend! Miss you....

Ali Manning said...

Your card is gorgeous and that big bow is to die for!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am in awe of your ability. By far one of the most beautiful cards of 2011.

Karen Gerek

Jan Cote said...

I vote for the bow to stay :) Like you, I am a collector of the large ribbon... then didn't use it. I started cutting it in half [lengthwise] and use it that way also. Especially nice on "vintage cards." But this card, with the wide ribbon is super!

Julie Marshall said...

Just gorgeous Vicki! Everything from the papers to your focal image to that fabulous ribbon are just perfect. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I LOVE that gorgeous bow! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Susan Joyce said...

WOW! Vicki this is gorgeous. I love every element of your card, just beautiful. Thanks' for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Jodi Collins said...

AMAZING! LOVE the patterns and texture on this!!

LeAnne said...

I love the wide ribbon & bow! I am like you---those big bows are intimidating to me and I always wonder how I am going to mail it? But it certainly looks fabulous here! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Lesley said...

Another beauty! You made me "need" this set! Love that bow too. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful, as always, Vicki! Love the mix of patterns and that big fabulous bow! Such a fun touch! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :) Hugs!

Nance Leedy said...

Just gorgeous Vicki!! LOVE that wide ribbon especially combined with all the other patterns....its fabulous! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Tara Bilbao said...

Vicki, This card is just fabulous. I love your coloring of the image ( one of my favorites!) and your color choice for this card. The crumb cake compliments the DSP so well - and that bow is just delicious! Fabulous details all around for a little work of art. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!