Cards For Sale

Sunday, November 27, 2011

SSSC145......Merry Christmas Snowman


Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I had made a card for a friend earlier this week with these papers and they were still out on my desk so how about a non traditional colored Christmas card?
I do love the colors in this paper pack the Stampin Up Cheerful Treat DSP.
I started the card with a base of Concord Crush card stock and then the next layer is some retired (but I still LOVE and have hoarded a bunch) pale plum card stock. I embossed this with the Snow Burst EF. The bottom part of the card is some of the above mentioned DSP. I used some concord crush ribbon for the strips in the sketch.


The snowman is from the Snow Much Fun stamp set. I stamped with black stazon onto the white card stock and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I used Lucky Limeade and Concord Crush ink and a bit of crumb cake and pumpkin pie. I added the "snow" using the silver glimmer paper from Stampin UP. The snowflakes are die cut with the Northern Frost die strip and I added some basic pearls to the centers. The sentiment is from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set. I added a bit more sparkle on the snowman and is snow ball (he he) with some dazzling details.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Total cuteness, Vicki!!! I love these non traditional colors and of course that little snowman!!! You rocked another challenged, gf!! LOVE it! :)
Happy Sunday! :)

Karen Giron said...

What is this silver glimmer paper??? How gorgeous!! LOVE your card and I adore that snowman, just too cute!!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute, Vicki! I do love that snowman!!! Love the glittery hills and that colour combo! I'm more of a non-traditional Christmas colour person!

Dana White said...

VIcki this is awesome - I love all the glitter you added to this one!! Super cute snowman

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness!! Beautiful and love your punched snowflakes and embossed snowflakes. Great job.

Nancy in Iowa said...

Just popped by Our Creative Corner and found your blog - your work is so lovely! Thank you for the inspiration.

Karen Motz said...

Vicki, I love non traditional colours for Christmas cards! And that glimmer paper is amazing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hold the phone with the cuteness factor on this little gem, Vicki! AH-DOR-A-BLE, in every way! Love the colors, the sparkle and the layout. Now how do I get on your Christmas card list? ;)

Совушка Славия said...

Очень милый Снеговик! Красивая открытка!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh no...please don't make me want this snowman set...or these papers. GORGEOUS!