Cards For Sale

Thursday, November 17, 2011

SC359....Merry


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch challenge on  Splitcoaststampers.

When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use some snowflakes down the side for the square elements on the sketch, no surprise there alot of people used snowflakes if you take a look in the sketch gallery you will see that. I also reached for my new favorite stamp set, Stampin Up's "A Beautiful Season". I love the main image in this set, the holly leaves and little chickadee. They are so easy to watercolor and make a really beautiful Christmas or Winter type card. 


I used basic gray card stock for the base of the card and then followed that with some basic black and then another piece of basic gray that I embossed with the square lattice EF. I embossed a piece of real red card stock with the Snow Burst EF and added it. The snow flakes are cut from the Northern Frost Die strip. the main image is matted with real red and basic black. I added some silver pearls to the snow flake centers and to the corners of the card. I first thought I would stamp my sentiment onto the min image piece but I smeared it a bit when I stamped so I just went with a little flag.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Just beautiful, Vicki! Love that wonderfully coloured image! Wow!

Amanda Corbet said...

This is absolutely stunning! Your image is beautifully colored! I love the combination of textures that you used and the three snowflakes down the side look just perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda
www.kraftingkreations.blogspot.com

Amanda Corbet said...

This is absolutely stunning! Your image is beautifully colored! I love the combination of textures that you used and the three snowflakes down the side look just perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda
www.kraftingkreations.blogspot.com

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Love the gray and your amazing colouring!!!

Marisa said...

Beautiful image, fabulously coloured and I love that snowflake shape!

Karen Motz said...

This is exquisite Vicki!!!!!! My jaw dropped when this popped onto my screen...LOVE!!!!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Had to leave a comment for this one....simply stunning...very traditional but so contemporary, too...lovely!

Beth said...

Love everything about this card Vicki! The image, the colours the snowflakes, etc... Fantastic!

Kathy Martin said...

Incredibly TWEET card! :)