Cards For Sale

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

CC349.....Birthday Wishes


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the color challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers.
Loved this color combo, Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade with a neutral of your choice and the dessert option was to have a decorative edge.

I immediately thought of flowers, these colors are perfect for that. I pulled out a set I LOVE, the Stampin Up "Array of Sunshine" This is a hostess set. I stamped a bunch of the flower onto whisper white card stock using calypso coral ink. I stamped the flower twice with out re-inking to get the two shades of coral. I stamped the leaves with lucky limeade and then I cut them all out an layered up the flowers. I mounted them onto a piece of whisper white card stock that I embossed with the dot folder. I matted the white with a piece of calypso coral card stock. I tucked in a bunch of the cut out leaves around the flowers.


The base of the card is baja breeze and then a layer of white and more baja breeze. I sponged the edges of the baja card stock with baja ink. I punched a strip of lucky limeade with the lace edge punch and ran that across the bottom part of the card. I added the flower piece to the card with some dimensionals.
I added some pearls to the center of the flowers and the "pearl flourishes" are non SU. The sentiment is from the "Something to Celebrate" stamp set, I believe this set is retired.
Well, that is all from me thanks for stopping by and
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

18 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh my word. This is a Six dollar card! You are one of the most talented card makers out there! Hallmark has nothing over you!

These colors are so fantastic together, they seem a little vintage! Absolutely beautiful.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card!!!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Holy smokes girl! This is GORGEOUS! Look at all those layered flowers that were HANDCUT! You rock!

Ruthie said...

AWESOME!!! this is beautiful!!!!!!

Cathy said...

This card is beautiful! Everytime I look at it I see something more - it just keeps on giving!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow! That is some card, Vicki! So many layers and details, and what great colors!

Cathy Warhank said...

Beautiful!!! I love your work, Vicki.TFS

Marisa said...

Where there are flowers, I am happy :) Gorgeous card! Love the grouping and how you used the colours. Gorgeous card.

Kathy Martin said...

So pretty! Lovely flowers! :)

Connie Plaumann said...

There are no words to describe how beautiful this card is. Love it.

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Wow! This is very pretty!!

Unknown said...

You make the most beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, you rocked these colors in this stunning card! Love the layered flowers!

Wendy J. said...

Vicki, this is beautiful and looks like a lot of work. Love the color combination. The pearls set it off beautifully!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Such a beautiful pleasant card.. you can just look and look, and not get tired of looking at it!! Beautiful job Vicki!!

Sue said...

This is a beautiful card. I haven't yet inked up this set. . .but I must now! Gorgeous!

bevsplaytime.blogspot.com said...

I really like your card...pretty colors and design.

Barb Finnical said...

What a beautiful card! I am looking to buy this set on ebay now because of your beautiful work!