Cards For Sale

Friday, November 18, 2011

Making MittenTags


Happy Friday Peeps!!
As you guys know I have been making alot of gift tags lately, these mittens are a couple of my faves, there will definitely be more of these.

I love mittens, I almost always have a pair or two I use in the winter, not real practical I guess but I think they are tooo cute!! I have regular gloves too but mittens are my fave. I drew a template for these, super easy as and simple. I then cut a few out of real red card stock and embossed them with the square lattice EF, kinda makes them look knitted.  I then cut the cuff of the mitten with some white card stock and embossed that part with the Snow Burst EF.


Then comes the fun stuff, the decorating. I used some satin ribbon, and buttons. I made some holly leaves using the wide oval punch and the slit punch. I added some rusty jingle bells, twine and a little sentiment tag.


I used some seam binding ribbon on the one with the holly leaves. These could be easily made into gift card holders too by just adding another mitten on the back. You can dress these up as much or as little as you like, I have alot of fun little embellishments in my stash that would be cute, I am sure most of you do too. Some snowflakes would be cute too.


So get busy and make yourself a bunch, they would be really cute as ornaments and on a gift basket too.

Well, that is all from me today, I will be back in the morning with this week's OCC challenge post.
Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the bells and the EFs you used! Brilliant tag.

Wendy said...

How stinkin cute, Miss Vicki!! You make the cutest things with such a WOW factor! I must make some of these for my kids to use as a gift card. Love what you did with these, as always!! :)

Connie Plaumann said...

Really, really cute!

Pam Speidel said...

Such a wonderful idea Vicki! These are adorable and you've brought them to life with all the texture and embellishments! I don't quite get how you punched out the holly leaves, but they are perfect! Enjoy the holidays! Pam :)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous mittens! Love how you've decorated them. Those vintage jingle bells are wonderful!!!