Cards For Sale

Saturday, November 19, 2011

OCC.....Inspiration Photo


Happy Saturday Peeps!!! 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 

This week our hostess is the fabulous Holly Kean and she has  photo inspiration challenge for us:


This beautifully unique Thanksgiving table is far and away more fancy than ours will likely be for Thanksgiving but isn't it just gorgeous? Find some inspiration in it and create a Thanksgiving, Holiday or New Year's card or other paper project based on that inspiration. Make sure you include in your posting where your inspiration came from and how you incorporated it into your project.

I hope you all will forgive me one more punched pumpkin. I really struggled as which way to go with this inspiration, I originally thought I would make my pumpkin vase of flowers with some gold card stock, I punched and embossed some of the SU Brushed Gold card stock but when I was putting the card together the gold just looked so dull with the card I had to change it up and make a pumpkin pie one instead. I used the bird punch for all my leaves and added some small pumpkin pie flowers.

I used the sketch challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary for my card layout. The base is Early Espresso card stock and then I followed that up with some very vanilla and then another layer of Early Espresso that I embossed with the square lattice EF.
The DSP I used is from the Spice Cake paper pack. I cut three sizes and matted with some very vanilla card stock.


I added some crochet ribbon across the middle and tied a pretty bow. I then added alot of gold pearls for accents. I took inspiration from the photo in the colors, I like the blue in the photo but used a different shade and then the centerpiece in the photo is a pumpkin filled with pretty flowers, and lots of gold accents.


Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! Don't apologize for your pumpkins...you know I love them!! ha! Fabulous card!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Oh My Goodness... I LOVE this card... Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful....

Faith

Wendy said...

Love this, Vicki! You know I think your punched pumpkins ROCK!! Love the touch of gold added to your card as well. Nice job!
Happy Saturday, my friend!!!

Wendy J. said...

fabulous, Vicki! Love the textured punched pumpkin and how cute it is with the leaves and flowers. Love the way you used the dsp and ribbon.

Marjie Kemper said...

I'm loving all those sweet little flowers on your pumpkin vines, Vicki. But even more I love the way you matted this with the brown border being irregular... I'm an irregular type, myself. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Deb said...

Wowza!!! This is absolutely beautiful! I love the textured pumpkin vase! What a super, clever idea! Simply beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it, Vicki! Love the pumpkin! Great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Love it! That pumpkin is perfect. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

Tui Nathan said...

Great card Vicki ... love the pumpkins with the flowering vines ... a great take on the inspiration pic .... I love the design too with the off centre panel ... eyecatching with great balance!!!

Nance Leedy said...

I'm so glad you made another punched pumpkin--it's fabulous with the embossing and all the flowering vines. Love the mix of dsp patterns too--just beautiful! So glad to see you at CCMC!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...WOW...WOW...that pumpkin is truly AMAZING! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Your card is SO gorgeous! Love the punched pumpkin! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

So well deserved as a winner! Sorry I'm just now leaving you a comment, we were on the road all week. Your card is beautiful, love the texture on the pumpkin!