Cards For Sale

Sunday, March 6, 2011

SSSC107....Celebrate




GOOD MORNING PEEPS!!! It's Sunday which means it is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:




Well, I say fabulous but in reality, I dislike sketches like these, the kind with small squares or circles, they freak me out. The DT has been chatting it up about this sketch and some of the upcoming ones, because one has a tilted panel, and some people really HATE those, not me, I will take a tilted panel over these squares any day, but that is enough whining from me!!! LOL!!

I have figured out that these squares are not getting to me, so if I ignore them they don't win, so that is what I did, oh, they are still there, but grouped close together and with the same color and texture they almost look like one complete panel, and that "works" for me!!! HA! HA!

I used some crumb cake, very vanilla and rose red card stock for my card, I did add in a bit of rose red DS paper from the Sweet & Sour paper pack. I have been having fun lately with ribbon, putting at least two pieces together, today I used some rose red and crumb cake seam binding! Love that look! I used my favorite SAB set called Sweet Slumber and paired it with the cute Aviary set. I stamped the flower flourish with black stazon onto the very vanilla and colored it in a bit with my aqua painter. I stamped the bird cage with the rose red bird inside onto some scrap and cut it out. I added it to the card base with a dimensional, hanging it down past the main image panel, cute huh? The sentiment "Celebrate" is from the Something to Celebrate level 2 hostess set in the occasions mini! I made it into a small flag and added it to the card with dimensionals and added a few little silver pearls to the end.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.


OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Lynn-The Queen's Scene-Is taking a bit of a break, but go by and give her some love anyway!

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Dana-Dana's House of Cards


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

You make me laugh! I gotta put that crazy sketch in there once in a while, keep you crazy ladies on your toes. You did a fabulous job! Love the texture and those elegant colors and the bird cage is divine!

Leslie said...

Oooh that's a clever way to deal with those squares!! I like the texture on top and your double bow is fab!

Aimeslee Winans said...

You did great AND taught me a good trick to use, because those squares freak me out too. Thanks for being honest and sharing that. xoxo

Karen Motz said...

So fabulous Vicki!! I love how the bird cage is hanging outside the box!!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the stem from the one set with the birdcage from another and have the cage hanging outside the box :) Wonderfully done.

I hear you re: sketches with all the small panels and I'm not sure which is more of a challenge, this or a skewed panel! Count me out on both I think LOL!

Dana White said...

What a great image for the sketch - I agree figuring out all these little squares is challenging! Lovely card

Michelle Woerner said...

Great card! Love your take on the sketch. Soft colors and perfect image!!

ScrappyKy said...

This is great! You always come up with cool ways to use stamp sets together. Very nice!

Wendy said...

So pretty, Vicki! Love how you did the bird cage and your beautiful bow! Fabulous job on the challenge.

carol h said...

This is so pretty, Vicki!!! Love the entire card...especially the textured squares. Great idea!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card vicki-love this versatile aviary set and your ribbon treatment is fab