Cards For Sale

Sunday, November 20, 2011

SSSC144.....Vintage Tree



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:

I was inspired by a card I saw by  Ann Schach. She had used the big tree from the Stampin Up Christmas Lodge stamp set and added some pearls that she colored with a permanent marker. I loved the look so I decided to do the same with this sketch.
I had to make my card a bit large to accommodate  the large tree. The card is 5 x 5-1/2 inches, I used my coluzzle to cut the oval and then I just roughed up the edges with my distressing tool. The image is stamped with always artichoke ink onto the very vanilla oval. I added a bit of distressing by using a couple of the stamps from the French Foliage stamp set. I stamped with crumb cake ink and off stamped onto scrap paper before stamping on the main piece. I sponged the edges with crumb cake and a bit of early espresso ink.


The base of the card is crumb cake and I followed that with some cherry cobbler and the DSP is from the Frostwood Lodge paper pack. I sponged the edges of all layers with Early Espresso ink. The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped and sponged and distressed a bit with Early Espresso ink. I added some Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and some basic pearls in the corners. I decided after having this mostly done to add the doily lace trim around the edges of the main image. I sponged this with Early Espresso ink too and then cut and pieced it around the oval.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Dana White said...

What a stunning image!!! Beautiful card Vicki

Karen Motz said...

So pretty Vicki! The red pearls are perfect decorations for the tree.

Wendy said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Vicki! Love all the pearls and the decorations on the tree!
Happy Sunday! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Love the vintage feel, Vicki! That tree decorated with the pearls is WONDERFUL!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ohhhh so lovely! Lucky recipient of such a beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Fabulous card and you have decorated your tree wonderfully :)

Jenny Engelke said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The lace mat puts it right over the top...perfectly vintage!

Lynn Put said...

Absolutelty gorgeous Vicki! Love the whole Victorian Christmas feel to your card! Everything, the lace doily, the embossing and pretty details on the tree look wonderful!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Vicki! The doily matting is the perfect touch! And thanks for the sweet shout-out!

Linda Callahan said...

Just beautiful!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, this is just absolutely gorgeous! Love all your vintage touches, especially the doily!

Linda McClain said...

Oh Wow, Love. That's gorgeous. I love the doily trim!