Cards For Sale

Sunday, November 6, 2011

SSSC142....Happy Birthday



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I thought I would take a bit of a break fro the fall and winter cards and make a birthday card. I got this old Stampin Up set a few weeks back just because I loved this bear stamp. I have a friend who Loves and collects teddies, so this will be going to her in January for her "bear"day!!

I started with a base of white card stock, 5 inch by 10 inch folded in half.
Next is an embossed layer of Calypso Coral, I embossed with the square lattice and had to run it through twice to get the whole 4-3/4 inch square piece embossed.
I then used some Pool Party and the DSP is from the Stampin Up Domestic Goddess paper pack.
I stamped the main image with black stazon onto the white card stock and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I added some dazzling details to the heart and the bow on the bear and a bit on the present. I matted the image with pool party card stock.
I used some Pool Party ribbon across the top and silver pearls in the corners.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Vicki, this is darling! LOVE those soft pretty colours and your CAS design!

Lynn Put said...

This is such a sweet card Vicki! Love this color combo, your cute image and pretty bow!

Karen Giron said...

How darling! LOVE the coloring and those papers are so pretty with that gorgeous ribbon!

Karen Motz said...

Oh Vicki!! This is DARLING!!!! That image reminds me of a teddy I had when I was young. The colours are gorgeous!!!

Beth said...

This is one adorable teddy bear Vicki! Great colours and what a super sketch from Karen this week! Love your card !

Dana White said...

Vicki this is so sweet - love the teddy bear you did a fab job colouring him up. I love the old fashion of him

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, this just makes me smile! How sweet is that little bear?! Your shading is beautiful and I love all of the texture from the embossing and the ribbon. Adorable!

Wendy said...

So VERY cute, Vicki!! Love the teddy and your color combo!! :)