Cards For Sale

Saturday, November 5, 2011

OCC...Masculine Cards



Happy Saturday Peeps, 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess is the fabulous Tui Nathan from Stampin-Time. Her challenge for us is:

Masculine cards are the type of cards I have the most difficulty with, therefore my challenge is to create a masculine card or project.  However, if you would like a real challenge and to step up the heat a bit try creating a masculine card .... using .... non-traditional masculine colours - plus, any neutrals of your choice.

Masculine cards are very hard for me, it is not something I do much of, I admit I like my ribbon and pearls and embellishments, in other words I like to "girl" it up. So I cringed when I saw this challenge, but hey, that is why they are called challenges, right?
We originally was suppose to make our masculine card with non masculine colors, but Tui modified that when we all complained so much....:(
I did try tho, I used Pool Party and Tempting Turquoise to color the truck, which I think or non traditional colors for a guy card. I added in black, for the base  and to matt the main image. The DSP is from the retired Love Letters paper pack. 
The main image is fro the Stampin UP set called "Countryside". I stamped with black stazon onto very vanilla card stock and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads.
The second layer is a piece of embossed pool party card stock. I embossed with the square lattice EF and then sponged it with some crumb cake ink.  I added two black brads and some twine with two stacked buttons.

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your non traditional masculine card, Vicki!! Love the colors and of course your coloring always ROCKS! It all goes great with the hemp, buttons, brads and the touch of black! You did terrific on this challenge! WooHoo! :)
Happy Saturday, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Love the card - stacked buttons a very nice touch. TFS

Dawn Easton said...

This is fantastic, Vicki~ I love aqua! My fave colour! Clean and crisp design with wonderful dimension and beautifully coloured image, as always ;)

Marisa said...

Great job on this challenge, Vicki! Looks fabulous! You rocked it! I can see why you all complained so much LOL!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love that image, Vicki! The grass looks real... how did you do that?!?!?!? The whole card is great, btw, but I just can't figure out that grass!

Tui Nathan said...

Your card is absolutely perfect for this challenge Vicki ... that truck image is super and you've done a fantastic job with your colouring, which is fab btw .... the colours, the textures and the twine are perfect accompaniments for your card .... thanks for taking up the challenge!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I think your card came out perfect, Vicki! I love the color combo you used and the houndstooth pattern goes fab with the embossing pattern. Sensational image and beautiful coloring. I'd say you rocked this one!

Have a great week!

Hugs,
Linda

Patti Willey said...

It's fantastic as usual! I love the Houndstooth DSP on the bottom!

Beth said...

Love this truck in the Pool Party/Turquoise colours! That houndstooth paper is perfect - what a great card!

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, I too love to 'girl-it-up' :) But, I have to admit, I think your take on the challenge is fabulous! I love the soft blue and black accents. It's a 'soft' masculine card.
Have a great week!
hugs, sharon

Anne Marie Hile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie Hile said...

From one "girly" girl to another, I'm right there wth you on the embellies. Bring on the bling! Lol! But, you know what? You absolutely nailed this challenge! Pool Party is not a color I would generally choose for a "dude" card...but you not only made it work...you ROCKED it! The mixture of the houndstooth and the embossing folder work wonderfully together and as always, your shading is awesome! I love it! Have a great rest of your weekend! Big hugs! :)