Cards For Sale

Thursday, November 3, 2011

SC357.....Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thursday Peeps, it a cool and windy day here in SW MO, I do love the cooler temps but don't love that the heater has kicked on several times today!

I have a Thanksgiving card to share with you today, I made this card using the sketch challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers. I love making punched pumpkins so I decided when I saw the sketch that one would be perfect here.
I made the punched pumpkin using the large oval punch and pumpkin pie card stock. I punched three ovals and then embossed them with the vintage wall EF and my big shot.
I then sponged the edges heavily using cajun craze ink. I added a hand cut stem and a small little swirl from the Scribbles Swirls die. I used some jute twine and a button to make a bow and added that as well. I then added a leaf pin that I had in my stash, I think I got these a year or two back from JoAnn's.


The base of the card is Early Espresso card stock and then a layer of very vanilla and the DSP I used is from the Spice Cake paper pack from Stampin' Up.  I then added a strip of early espresso that was embossed with the square lattice EF I attached a punched layer of old olive punched with the lace border punch.
The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "thankful for" so glad I got that one before it was gone. 
I finished it off with three gold pearls.
Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING

Vicki


4 comments:

Marisa said...

Another fabulous pumpkin :) Love how you embossed it and sponged around the edges (must remember to sponge mine).

Dawn Easton said...

Love your pumpkin cards! The embossing on this one is fantastic!

Enjoy your cooler weather. It's been BRISK here in the 20's this morning with flurries expected....blah!

Bandon, Oregon said...

I really Love this card.... Very, Very nice.

Faith

BeverlyBL said...

Love the embossed pumpkin. Great idea.