Cards For Sale

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CC347....bright & beautiful


Happy Tuesday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the color challenge today on Splitcoaststampers.
The colors are Always Artichoke, More Mustard and Bravo Burgundy with the desert option to put a bird on it!
I was stalking the gallery waiting to see the colors for the challenge today and when it came up and i saw the desert option I knew right away I wanted to use this set again. I love the main image from this set, "A Beautiful Season" from Stampin Up.
I stamped the image with black stazon onto some white card stock and colored with my aqua painter, I used artichoke for the leaves, light on the edgers and a bit darker in the middle. I used Burgundy for the berries and the bird is colored with basic bray and crumb cake. I used some more mustard on the birds feet and beak. The stem is colored with some soft suede. I outlined the entire image with some crumb cake, I like the vintage feel that gives.


The base of the card is Always Artichoke and then the next layer is Bravo Burgundy that I embossed with the square lattice EF. I matted the main image with More Mustard card stock. I used some always artichoke seam binding to make the bow and added a piece of crochet lace trim to the bow as well. I used some basic pearls in two corners and called it done.

Well, that is all from me, thanks so much for stopping by and
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, your image is coloured beautifully! Stunning holiday card!

Kathy Martin said...

So beautiful! Lovely bow! :)

Holly Barrett said...

What a wonderful holiday card! The bird and the holly are beautiful.

Wendy said...

So purdy!!! Your coloring is awesome, my friend!! :)

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow - this is so beautiful! Your colouring is superb and I love the layout and embossing.

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn