Cards For Sale

Friday, November 25, 2011

Color Challenge Pocket Card


Good Friday Morning peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a pocket card I made using the color challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers. The colors to use are Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Marina Mist with a neutral of white or vanilla. The dessert option was to make it a Christmas card. Check!

I decided I wanted to make a pocket card I had seen a darling one made by Beate and used it as my inspiration for this. I changed it up to use the stamps and papers I have and too match the color challenge.

I started with a base of Marina Mist 4-1/4 inches x 11 inches, scoring at 1-1/2 and 5-1/2 inches. I rounded all four corners with my corner rounder punch. Then folded it up and used some sticky tape along the sides.
The insert is 5 x 3-1/4 inches.


Now just decorate like you like. I used the Stampin Up Greeting Card Kids stamp set and the doily in the corner is cut from the  Flirtatious DSP. I added some buttons and pretty ribbon. The DSP on the front and the insert is from the Stampin Up Letters to Santa paper pack, The sentiment comes from the Stampin Up Bells & Boughs Stamp set.


I colored the image with my aqua painter and ink pads. The image is stamped with black stazon onto white card stock. I added a few small basic pearls that I colored with a marker and added them to the tree.

Well, that is all from me, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You know that I LOVE this!!!!! Great papers, awesome stamp set, and gorgeous color combo!! This rocks, Miss Vicki!!! :)

Patti Willey said...

You're a crafting wonder! This is a pretty color pallet for Christmas. Nice change! I bet you could sneak a gift card glue dotted to that insert note!