Cards For Sale

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Paper Crafters Sampler Blog Hop


Hello Peeps and Welcome to the Paper Crafters Sampler  "Adorned Holiday" mini blog hop.  
The hop features a Creative Take on the three holiday templates available in the December issue of the Sampler; Winter Sleigh, Sled and Limoge Trinket Box.


You’re free to start viewing the hop at my blog, it will go full circle so no worries about missing anything. 
If you arrived here from Lisa's Blog, didn't you love her take on these templates? I LOVE how versatile they are and how we can all start with the same template and get so many great looks.


Here is what I did with them.
 First up is the Sled, gift card holder. If you noticed, in my group shot, I made mine all in the same color scheme. I like how they look all grouped together. :) I used Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red card stock. I made the poinsettia with the Build a Blossom Punch, using the smallest leaf on the punch. The sentiment comes from the "Four Christmas" stamp set. My picture doesn't show it but the sled sits on a small box perfect for a gift card, cash, keys to an brand new car, or whatever you would like to slip inside. 


Next up is the "Limoge" Trinket Box. I printed the template onto Riding Hood Red card stock. The DSP I used is from the "Letters to Santa" paper pack. I printed an extra template onto some plain white card stock and cut it apart to use for the template for the DSP.  I added old olive grosgrain ribbon, silver brads and made a little top "knob"  with three stacked buttons. I added a "very merry" sentiment from the "Short & Sweet" stamp set.  The box is very sweet and the lid is hinged which is very cool and the size is perfect for a few chocolate kisses.


Lastly is my favorite of the three templates, the "Winter Sleigh". This template comes together so quickly you could make alot of these in no time. I again printed onto Riding Hood Red card stock and onto some white card stock to cut apart for the DSP.
I made some 'holly leaves"  using my oval and slit punches and added three red berries to the top. I add some crystal effects to the berries. I used some riding hood red taffeta ribbon to make the bow. The sentiment on here also comes from the Stampin Up set "Four the Holidays" I made some tiny present boxes to go inside the sleigh.






Well, that is all from me so let's continue this hop over on Heidi's Blog, I know she has more fabulous ideas with these templates to share.


Thanks for coming by and remember these templates are available in The Paper Crafters Adorned Holiday Edition.


Vicki

7 comments:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

What agreat idea to color coordinate all the templates Vicki!

I like the modifications you made to the sled, with the scoring.

Your Limoge and sleigh came out great. Did you stuff those boxes in the sleigh with something? They're beckoning to be opened :-)

Beautiful job.

Wendy said...

WOWzers! These are amazing, Vicki!!! I love all three but that sleigh filled with actual gifts just makes it complete! Awesome job on embellishing each of these and I love that they all coordinate!!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Holy smokes girl! These are all FANTASTIC!!!! Love that sleigh too!

Lisa Hensley said...

I love your projects -- so festive!

Heidi Baks said...

Great job pulling your projects together! I love that they all coordinate. The poinsettias are beautiful, and those packages in the sleigh are so cute!

Marisa said...

Fabulous trio, Vicki! Love the colour combo you used and they are all adorable!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness gracious gravy - Vicki These are Amazing! Love 'em. Gotta go check out those templates.