Cards For Sale

Saturday, December 3, 2011

OCC...It's Time To Decorate Challenge


Happy Saturday Peeps!!! 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 

This week our hostess is the fabulous Wendy Jansen and she has another fun challenge for us.
This is her challenge for us this week:

Haul out the Holly...It's time to Decorate! Challenge.  
The challenge this week is to take this very basic sketch, use it, and "decorate" it!


You all know I LOVE a sketch challenge and this one is so fun!
I wanted to make some more of the little poinsettias, like the one I did earlier on one of my Blog Hop Projects. I used the Build A Blossom punch to make the poinsettias, using the smallest leaf on the punch. I punched out twelve for each flower and used 6 on the bottom and 6 on the top.
The sentiment on here comes from the Beautiful Season stamp set.  I stamped it with black stazon onto some Confetti Cream card stock. I used my circle and scallop circle nesties to cut out the main panel.


The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler card stock and then the next layer is Crumb Cake card stock that I embossed with the Petals a Plenty EF. The layer across the bottom is some DSP from the Well Worn paper pack. I matted that with more cherry cobbler card stock that I used the scallop edge punch across the bottom. I tied on some very vanilla seam binding ribbon and tied a pretty bow. I added a few basic rhinestones to the top corners and under the sentiment.  The center of the poinsettias are made with some of the small basic pearls that I colored with a yellow  permanent  marker. 
I always want to finish the inside too:

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Gee whiz, girl, this is fabulous! Love how you made to poinsettia and it goes beautifully with the Petals A Plenty EF! You've decorated this so purdy! I love it! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, your card is gorgeous! Love your poinsettia! Fabulous idea!!!

Unknown said...

loverly, dear!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki!! Love the colour combo, your poinsettias are gorgeous and loving that EF in the BG.

Patti Willey said...

You would think YOU made this sketch because this is Your kind of layout! I never remember to take markers to my pearls thanks for the reminder!

Poinsettia's on top of Petals of Plenty look fantastic! I always love your pretty bows tucked to the side. Just beautiful!

Lynda said...

I love this card...so want to try one of those poinsettias STRAIGHT away. The colour combo is delish. Is the green Always Artichoke or similar?? Pearls are the perfect finish.

Marjie Kemper said...

This is a stunning card! Holy Mackerel. And the inside is beautiful to boot. Love love LOVE your stacked poinsettia.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, I just have one word: GORGEOUS!! Love those layered poinsettia's and all of the beautiful texture you added. Your details are always amazing and this is no exception. WOW!! (hugs)