Cards For Sale

Friday, July 31, 2015

Curvy Keepsake Box Challenge


Happy Friday Peeps!!

Today I have a couple of Curvy Keepsake Boxes to share with you. 

As you know my friend Wendy at WeeBeeStampin4Fun 
and I do an occasional challenge, 
where one of us pick the challenge, and this time it was my turn,
I made it easy, use the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlit Die.

I decide to embrace two of the upcoming Fall/Winter Holidays, my two favorites, Halloween and Christmas.

My first box for Halloween is made using Elegant Eggplant card stock. I used the star stamp from the Be the hero stamp set. I stamped with Elegant Eggplant ink directly onto the cardstock before putting the box together.



I then created my "tag" starting with the half moon shape. I used my circle punch and then slipped the circle back into the punch to make the crescent shape moon. I used a piece of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the Tree Builder Punch to make my puffy, glimmery cloud. I did hand cut the cloud down a bit after punching it out to make it a bit smaller.
I then used the Tags 4 You stamp set to stamp my Trick or Treat piece. I stamped first with black and then with Old Olive and then pumpkin Pie. I cut out the words and glued them to the black piece. I fussy cut this out myself cos I couldn't find my Label Bracket Punch at the time (I have since found it right under my nose BTW).
I then added a punched out bat using the retired SU bat punch.
These pieces are all glued together to make my tag. I then tied it onto the box with a bit of silver 1/8 inch ribbon.




Next up is made with some non SU paper, you all know how crazy I am about this vintage looking sheet music paper and I knew I had to try a box made with it. It is not doubles sided paper and is very thin so I cut out some Basic Black cardstock with my die and used it to back the paper.




I then used some retired Cherry Cobbler Chevron ribbon to tie up my box and made a pretty bow.
I then used a couple of my favorite rusty jungle bells to embellish the bow.
The tag comes from the Tags 4 You stamp set, (the same as the Halloween tag) and is stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink. I punched a small hole in the tag and tied it onto the bow with a bit of linen thread.


Be sure and head over to Wendy's Blog to see her take on this creative challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Vicki


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Wendy said...

WHOA, these are ADORABLE! First up, that Halloween box rocks in those colors and I love the half moon on the tag! So spooky! And that Christmas box, Amazing! I might have to case this one! LOL I LOVE that musical paper too....still have a slew of it! That Cherry Cobbler ribbon & tag look awesome with that paper and the added jingle bells are pure perfection! This was one fun challenge, my friend! Thanks for always keeping me on my toes! :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

I love all the details on your Halloween curvy keepsake box Vicki! It's really awesome. I also love the Christmas one in the musical note paper. So nostalgic! Can't wait for Christmas now.