Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sweet Sunday....It's Your Day!


Happy Sunday Peeps!!

Time for another new sketch challenge over at Sweet Sunday Sketch Blog,

This week is PICK A FAVORITE, find a sketch from the past that you would like to rework and give new life


You can find all the past sketches HERE

I picked sketch #246



A couple of weeks ago I colored up a couple of these flowers from the Stampin Up Best Thoughts Hostess stamp set, you saw one of them yesterday that I did in purples and this one is done in pinks.

I colored using Strawberry Slush ink and my aqua painter.
I LOVE, LOVE LOVE coloring this flower, I think this set is my favorite of the new catalog, so far anyway, there always seems to be one flower set that I love to color. :)

This one I actually colored twice and cut out and popped up with a few dimensionals.
the flower head anyway, the leaves are just cut and glued to the base leaving the bottom portion of the leaves unglued to allow me to curl them a bit.




The base of the card is Naturals card stock and then a layer of Strawberry Slush
and then the flower panel. I rounded the top corners using the corner rounder on the envelope punch board.
The sentiment is from the Fabulous Four stamp set, I added a pink button, retired I think, and some of the fun new metallic thread looped around and behind the button.
Now be sure and head over to the CHALLENGE BLOG to see what the rest of the girls did with this fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

HAPPY STAMPIN!!!!

Vicki



4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, another STUNNING card with this beautiful image! Your coloring is fabulous! Hugs!

KathyC said...

Gorgeous card!

Wendy said...

How pretty! Love your coloring of this beauty and the embossing behind it!! Wonderful card, my friend!! Love you!!! <3

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful, Vicki! Your coloring looks wonderful and all of your fussy cutting really pays off because it gives your flower such dimension.