Cards For Sale

Friday, August 16, 2013

Halloween Treat Bags


Happy Friday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a couple of Halloween Treat Bags I made. I had a request from a friend to make some Treat Holders to use for her grandchild's school party.
 I created a couple of samples for her to choose from.

These "bags" are so cute and are very easy to make. 
You can get two from one 8-1/2" x 11" piece of card stock.
Here are the measurements:
Start with a piece of 8 1/2"  x 5" card stock.
Score on the short side at 2 3/4", 4" , 6 3/4" and 8".
Turn and score on the long side at 1 1/4".

Basic Box making skills required to assemble
I added a couple of scores down the side pieces to make them appear more sack like.

I used one of the dies from the Stampin Up Finishing Touches Edgelits across the top to mimic a paper sack. Love the look of that.
The finished size of these are just right for a little treat for a school party or even for a co-worker or to give out to those special little ones on Halloween.
They are just 3-3/4" tall by 2-3/4" wide.

Here is a picture of one without treats in it so you can better see the finished top:


The sentiment on here is from the "Halloween Bash" stamp set, which is the only Halloween set I have ordered this year, I had convinced myself that I didn't need any more Halloween sets, but I am quickly coming to the conclusion that I was wrong about that. LOL!!

 I kept these fairly simply so they could be easily mass produced.

Here is one I did using some Tangerine Tango card stock:


I used a non SU die to cut out the Jack-O-Lantern face and then slipped  a piece of daffodil delight card stock inside. Too Cute!!

These are really simply to make but if you have any questions just let me know.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki






2 comments:

Bev Gomez said...

oh how darling Vicki, I too think do I really need anymore Halloween stamps but I must say that every year until I see the Holiday catalog. Aren't we bad. LOL! I am going to have to case this. What a great way to gift
a jar of apple pie filling that I will be canning. So cute and thanks for the dimensions also. Happy stamping, Bev

Dawn Easton said...

Oh these are so cute!!! Love that box! I'm making some sneak peeks today and this would be perfect!!
Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!