Cards For Sale

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good Friend




Good Saturday Morning Peeps. Summer has finally come to southwest Missouri! A beautiful warm day on tap here! Hope you are all having a great day where you are.

Today's card is made with the weekend Sketch Challenge, hosted this week by the fabulous Lori Craig!

I did change up the sketch just a bit. My strip across the bottom is behind my image panel instead of in the front. I had wanted to use some kiwi ribbon on this card, but I could not find my spool anywhere. I spent over an hour just hunting for it, I think a cat may have ran off with it and hid it in one of their secret hiding places. The place where al lost objects are hiding....in the land of the lost!

I started the card with a chocolate chip base and followed that with a piece of kiwi kiss card stock and then some of the fun Good Morning Sunshine DS paper. The main image panel consist of pacific blue and whisper white. I used the spiral edge punch on the white. I have to tell you this card was inspired by one in the current cattie, I changed it a bit to fit me and the sketch, but the bird is the same and the spiral punched edge, the rest is all different.

I stamped the big bird from the Good Friend Stamp Set with Kiwi kiss ink onto some scrap card stock, I have found if you lightly, or semi heavily sand the fronts of your large solid stamps with a sanding block, you will get a better more even stamp. I then cut out the bird and set it aside while I stamped the legs onto the white punched piece. I then added the bird onto the white piece with some dimensionals. I then stamped the beak with some pumpkin pie ink onto scrap and cut it out and added with some more tiny bits of pop dots. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to get my sentiment in the corner. I added three silver brads at the side and the bottom piece is made up of strips of kiwi kiss and chocolate chip card stock.

Well, that is it for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Jaspere said...

This looks so cute. Love that bird.

Rhonda Langley said...

Love how you cut out the bird! I keep forgetting to use my spiral punch and it is such a great touch!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is so freakin' cute!!! I have debated about that bird now I need it...you know I think you have enabled me a couple hundred times lately...haha!

Lori Craig said...

woWee!! This is darling! Great job on the sketch! Happy Sunshine in Missouri. It is glorious, isn't it!? Hugs!

Sara said...

Very cute, love your bird.

Jacquel said...

This is a cute card Vicki!!! I'm using the last bit of that DSP & I'm so proud of myself!!!

Debbie Corbari said...

I cannot BELIEVE how stinkin' CUTE this card is! WOW! Completely FABULOUS!