Cards For Sale

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Just Add Ink.....Black Eye Susans



Happy Sunday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made with the challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

They have a fun challenge and it is: Just Add  "B". It could be whatever you want that begins with a "B" as the main focus of your card.

I choose this great stamp from the Stampin Up Helping Me Grow stamp set for my "B" and I colored them to be Black Eye Susans.

I watercolored my entire card using my Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
I love coloring with these inks.


I stamped the image onto some water color paper with Black Stazon ink.

I then taped the piece down to my water color board using some painter's tape. That is the white "frame" you see. 
I colored the flowers and stems first and made sure they were dry before moving onto the background. I used a couple of colors and blended as I went along being careful to not get the flower portion wet.

I used my heat tool to dry as I went along.
I added the sentiment and corner frames using black memento ink after all was dry.

This main panel was then glued to my card base. 

I used my Wink of Stella brush on the flowers, it does not show in the pic but adds just a nice shimmer.




6 comments:

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. I sure do like watercolor too.

CherylQuilts said...

I love this card, Vicki, and your watercolor background is fabulous! I really love this set and love the little corner pieces! Beautifully done! Big hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Mimi said...

Obviously the black-eyed Susan's steal the spotlight here, but the accents at the corners really caught my attention.
Thumbs up!

Jan said...

This is so pretty Vicki! I love how you've added depth to the colour of your flowers and your water coloured background is so beautiful too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

KimB said...

I love your blue toned background Vicki - it really adds to the vintage feel of these lovely flowers!Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous card, Vicki! Love your watercolored background and those beautiful flowers!