Cards For Sale

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Color Challenge.....Thank You Blossoms


Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

I was off work today and since it is a scorcher here is Southwest MO, I decide I would spend some time at my stamping table.
I took a peek over at Splitcoast at this week's Color Challenge and was elated to find the challenge was called "All Abloom" and we had alot of colors to choose from.

and



Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry Slush, choose any three or choose them all. The neutral this week is white.

I choose Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding and Lost Lagoon.

I love the leaves in the Stampin Up Kinda Eclectic  and I decide to pair them up with another fave set from Stampin Up called Stipple Blossoms. I inked up the flower base with Strawberry Slush ink and stamped it off once on scrap paper before stamping on my whisper white card stock. I stamped the overlay to the flower with Strawberry Slush ink full strength. The leaves are stamped with Pistachio Pudding ink and then all the flower and leaves are hand cut out with my paper snips. I stamped the sentiment from the Wetlands stamp set onto more whisper white and used a circle die to cut out. I then arranged my leaves and roses around the circle.


The base of the card is PTI white card stock and the Lost Lagoon DSP is from the Moonlight pack.
I added a small strip of Lost Lagoon card stock down the edge of the DSP.
I added the center piece to the card base with some dimensionals. The edges are slightly over the edge of the card base on both sides, and I am OK with that. 
I finished off with a row of basic pearls on the lost lagoon card stock strip. I did keep the BG on my pretty clean and simple so that the pretty leaves and flowers could be the "stars".


Thanks for stopping by today 

Vicki





4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Vicki, this is gorgeous! Just love the colors you've used and the beautiful design! What a winner for the color challenge! Hugs!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and pretty flowers. Great job with the colors you chose.

rebelreb said...

The card is simply gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely stamping and design!!