Cards For Sale

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dynamic Duos.....Happy Birthday




Today over at Dynamic Duos we have a great new challenge for you:


Love the black and gray combo and the desert option of making a Masculine theme.
I dug through my stash and found these stamped images that I have had for several years and never used. They would be perfect for the theme and colors I thought.
The images are from the retired Stampin Up set called "Classic Convertibles".
The are stamped onto some very lite gray card stock with black stazon.
The DSP is from some more Stampin Up retired items. this is from the Nouveau Chic paper pack. I was looking through all my papers to find some with black or gray and came across this pack.


These cards came together rather quickly for me, and since we are going masculine, not a lot of "fufu-ing", LOL, is that a word? 
I kept the design fairly simple using basic black for the base and then basic gray for the next layer.


I added the DSP under the stamped image and used some basic gray taffeta ribbon between the two. I tied a knot with the ribbon and used a couple of black brads at the top.
The sentiment comes from the "Made for You" stamp set. and is stamped onto the same paper as the image and punched out using the Ticket Duo punch. I added the sentiment with some dimensionals. 

Be sure and hop on over to the Dynamic Duos Blog and 
see what the rest of the girls did with these colors.

Thanks for stopping by today 
and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki





8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Vicki, both are fabulous! I'm in need of a belated birthday card for a male co-worker. This theme is perfect!

Love your car cards! Can't get more masculine than those. Fabulous CAS design too!!!

Marisa said...

The perfect guy cards, Vicki! Love the way you used the colours.

Karen Day said...

Yep, fufu is definitely a word. Perfect guy cards, Vicki!!

Anonymous said...

These cards are awesome, Vicki. Such a fantastic use of these colors! Perfectly masculine with those cool images. Nice work! ;-)

Conniecrafter said...

great guy cards, love the designs the black and white goes perfect with the images!

Jenny Engelke said...

Cool, retro, clean! Nice, Vicki!

Andrea W said...

Terrific masculine cards! I love the ticket punch for the sentiment and the brad details. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Amy White said...

Fabulous set of cards!! Love those vintage car images paired with the paper you've used - perfect guys' cards!